General - page 1962

Hi all, I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the item zone used for the charts and data window. I am trying to set my forex charts to EST isntead of the default. Thanks for your assistance!
What is the diference between an "Indicator" and a "Script"?
Could anyone make me a "Truncated" Moving Average Indicator for MT-4 (or simply provide the script). By "Truncated," I mean the moving average lines would only extend back for about 15-20 bars, rather than back to infinity. Other than that, it would just be a typical MA with simple, exponential,...
I have the problem that my Expert Advisor keeps firing multiple orders during a bar. I tried to limit the orders to the beginning of the bar by using: ... datetime prevtime=0; ... if(Time[0] > prevtime) { //execute my OrderSend function } ... prevtime = Time[0]; .....
I need some help urgently... Please contact me at benwiid at mweb dot co dot za
Hi, The Start subroutine is called by the system every tick. If I count limit=Bars-counted_bars then limit is usually i0 to i2, or i0 to i1. which is repeated for a period of time frame, in my case M1. I do understand updating and building of the current bar i0 however, why is it necessary to...
hi, have all MT 4 Broker webservices ?
  Strategy tester.  (107   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
You can kind of tick the box. There is a strategy tester . It's not realistic to work with, but it's fine for a tick. And speed tests for different languages were they checked in the tester? I think the difference in speed tens of thousands of times. For example, the tester I wrote does a half year
Could one of you fine MQLII programmers tell me what statement can be used to to sound an audible alarm on a custom indicator? It must be compatible with a MQLII Custom Indicator. Your help would be very helpful. Dave77
I want to know what kind of script I would write to access and determine whether the most recent order was closed by a stoploss or takeprofit. How would I go about doing this?
Is it possible to trade more than a single financial instrument from the same expert. If I try to set symbol in OrderSend function to anything else than the symbol that was set in the strategy tester, I get the following error: unknown symbol name ... for OrderSend function. For instance, if...
WHICH MODEL. TICK, CONTROL, OR OPEN PRICES REFLECTS MORE CLOSELY THE RESULTS OBTAINED IN REAL TRADING?
I've been having problems using arrays in experts. I did a simple test below to load closing prices into an array in an expert and then print the results (output in the expert tab) - and all I get are 0.000000 instead of the closing prices. So apparently nothing is getting loaded into the array!...
I can handle arrays in indicators fine - but I'm obviously missing something simple when it comes to using them in an expert. Can someone offer suggestions on the below as to where I'm using the incorrect syntax? Trying to create a 10 period moving average on bandwidth and look for where the current
I am experiencing from Build 180 up, an error/bug. When I upgrade to a new Build, all my custom indicators originally published by MetaQuotes (Stochastic, OsMA, etc.) are rewitten with their original code destroying all my corrections or my own versions with the same name :(. Not happy with that, I...
is it possible to change the directory were the experts and indicators stored??? how can i get get more history data about the past , because the data that stored in the program limited!! in 5M history for 1.5 month and in 1H 2.5 monthes how can i get more data????
It would be nice to have a button or menu item that I can click on to download all available data for all symbols in the list for all timeframes. One quick way to get all the data
Hi, In the indicator mode, is it posible to extract from any specific bar tick by tick value? -Stan
Hi Slawa, I was trying to modify pending buy stop order (#28484) as part of EA trailing stop strategy. Although my SL and TP were far away from order price, I was keep on getting Error(130): invalid stops. Until it suddenly got executed. Please notice the attached log is for 18 seconds period...
Hello! One thing which I would find quite helpful would be to add a way to offer a description for the indicator and even more important to the inputs. A way of doing this would be a #property description which could be displayed by a button on the Common tab when adding the indicator and expert...
I want to use the ObjectCreate feature to create a vertical line when certain parameters occur. I also want the old line to be deleted each time a new line is created. I know I have to use ObjectCreate, but I don't fully understand how to use it. I would really appreciate it if someone could post...
MetaTrader 4. Build 182. 1. Updated cut and paste operation in MetaEditor IDE; 2. Updated hotkeys and navigation keys in MetaEditor IDE; 3. Updated trading summary printing in reports; 4. Updating based on crash-logs. MetaTrader 4 Mobile. Build 183. 1. Updated dialog drawing; 2. Updated news...
Is it posible to convert from mt3 to mt4 and back again, and if so how? I mean is the an easy way of doing it.
Hey Any knows if it is posible to like copy this indicator into 1 indicator.. I realy dont know how to explain it but what i want is the posibility to have 2 linecharts in 1 indicatorwindow? if any would help with an answer i will be happy Jannik the indicator code is here...
  Array question  (1)
I'm trying to develop an expert that looks back within 100 bars and gives me the max point of a custom indicator (BW below). If I was making an Indicator instead of an Expert, I think I would accomplish this using an Array - but how would I do it in an Expert? see the *** below for where I need...
Looking at the Report tab of the strategy tester there is this data of 'Bars in test'. One would think this is the number of bars actually tested by the tester, only no matter what dates I use in the Settings tab I get the same number of bars (and the same number of 'ticks modelled'). Why doesn't...
  Editor Problems  (1)
I'm having bad problems with the editor since the last update. Will there be a fix soon?
MetaEditor is doing some crazy stuff. Copy and paste inserts strange characters. And eventually the editor just crashes. The "Send" button seems to just lock up, so I'm pasting the crash log here. There has been a critical error Time : 2005.08.24 19:42 Program : MetaEditor Version...
Hi, I just tested this with a simple code. using 21 ema if price close above 21 ema buy if price close below 21 ema sell. indicator setup section MA(1) /* 21 period ema to close*/ logic section buy logic AND close>MA(1) Sell logic AND close< MA(1) hope things are right. i got out put , i am...
1) Metaeditor crashes when copy or cut/past is used 2) Metatrader 181 is not placing trades, instead I either get the message '146635 login(4.00, #27F6EDCB) or it is removing the EA's for whatever reason These EA's have not been modified since the update, and have only had the problem since the