General - page 1969

I know this is probably a minor thing but would really free up desktop space at time if you were able to lower the trading platform into the system tray. Or have a check box that give the option of where you want it to lower to. I know I know small thing and unimportant. Smoothice
  Aroon Horn.  (1)
Hi, Slawa. ref Aroon Horn indicator. That would be easy for you to make. Are yu intended to?
Hi guys, I want to get the retracements values for a fibonacci retracement object. let's say the chart shows a downtrend, with higher high at bar 5, and lower low at bar 0. I coded an expert with the following code: ---- ObjectCreate("fibo",OBJ_FIBO,0,Time[5],High[5],Time[0]...
  MQL4 Question  (1)
The code below is supposed to indicate a MA Cross but it does not. Maybe I am wrong. macurrent=iMA(NULL,0,5,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); macurrentslow=iMA(NULL,0,10,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); if (MathAbs(macurrentslow-macurrent)==0) {Comment("CROSS............");}...
I'm afraid I don't have much information on this bug or able to produce it consistantly but if I have an expert loaded on a chart and then change the period of the chart, the "Period()" function sometimes returns the period of the previous chart, rather than the current chart. I've experienced this...
MetaTrader 4. Build 152. 1. Added investor password for an entrance on account without trading. Unfortunately, the accounts list in "Navigator" window will be lost. Accounts are not deleted on the server side and they can be added again to the accounts list of "Navigator" window, using logins and...
greetings..... is it possible to have an advisor make sounds without using the alert (or at least without the popup alert window)? thanks jimf
Hello everyone, I just wanted to announce that I made a folder for FXFisherman members to save the bandwidth for scorpion. I suggest to use it for any screenshots, avatars, profile pictures, mql, exp files you have (sorry txt or html won't work). Basically anythuing you can think about. I have a...
  DMI indicator  (1)
Has MT4 the Directional Movement indicator ? regards, Pepo
Thank you very much for Jurgen, Chang Kong and Mazhit to help me solve connection problem. I download mt4 and install it again, so it can be connected well. Hi, Jurgen and Chang Kong Keep in touch and Happy everyday and everytime. Good luck in trading
Hi Mazhit, Thank you for your kind attention. I read your suggestion. I have tried many diffrent ways to connect internet(ADSL, Phone Dial and Ethernet), however, metatrader 4 cannot be connected UP TO NOW. I don't know why??? I have no firewall and other limitations. Furthermore, metatrader4 can...
The security hole in MetaTrader 4 is nothing but its new MQ4 Expert Language. The new language allows external API calls to any MQ4 and DLL files, which introduce many posibilties on expert developments: close-source expert, for example, since some developers don't want to expose their creations to
  Error Numbers  (1)
Hello, Sometime in MT4 I receive error numbers 130 and 138 when I've tried to use SendOrder(...). Are these listed somewhere? I suspect one is returned when a requote is issued. I would be interested in some sample code on how to deal with requotes if anybody has a link handy. Also a bug . . . when
Can I code my custom indicator to apply preset 'levels' to the seperate window when the indicator is applied to the chart? For instance in the indicator properties dialog, I can pre-define the 'Input parameters' and 'color'. How can I code and pre-define the 'levels'. tia
  Array definition  (4)
Hi MetaQuotes, I would like to propose a change to MQL which I hope you will consider. When defining an array, it is often not possible beforehand to know the number of elements that an Array may require. An example of this would be if you attempt to load a quote file but don't know the number of...
Good morning. I have been using metatrader for about 20 days. I thinks it is the best trader software, and it is never disconnected. However, metatrader4 cannot be connected for several times recently. The server is never beta testing ago? Could you tell me the reason. Thanks!
Hi MetaQuotes, I was wondering if you would consider creating a FileAppend() function? Unless I'm doing something incorrectly, the "FILE_WRITE" option (used with the "FileOpen()" function) basically seems to totally delete the contents of the file being written to, meaning that the total file has...
Hi Metaquotes, I've noticed that in MetaTrader 4, the format of the " export " data date field has changed. In MetaTrader 3, this used to be dd.mm.yy but MetaTrader 4 now exports this field as yy.mm.dd. Could you please confirm that this is either a bug or that this is going to be the standard from
  NO CONNECTION.  (1)
Gd morng. Why there is ''no connection'' in MT4?
MetaTrader 4. Build 151. 1. Updated expert advisor recompilation. 2. By initialization the indicator arrays are zero-filled. 3. Updated MetaEditor help-files. 4. Updated pending order modification. `5. Updated duplicating objects: objects parameters are not replaced by defaults. 6. Updated...
  MathMod function  (1)
MathMod function in version 4 is returning only the integer portion. This is inconsistent with the mod function in version 3 which returned the entire value.
Greetings All Members, I have recently become a member and have been trading for around 3 years. I read an article about automated trading bots, I knew it could be possible. I have been reading the previous messages and must say this bot rumours to be quite remarkable. As stated, this bot is not
When I test an Expert Advisor on a history imported from http://www.fin-rus.com/analysis/export/default.asp I get a completely different results from the results I get when I test the same Expert Advisor on the history stored in MetaTrader, it’s like the two histories are not identical, even though...
Hi MT, I am having trouble getting more 5min gbp/usd data. I began to use MT3 in new year,but the date of the first bar in 5min graphic is 12/07/2004 . How can I get the 5min GBP/USD data before 12/07/2004 Thanks and have a great xmas ! My Email:qi_w_d@163.com
Hello, is it possible to have the possibility to chose the Tick time frame (not only when we want to buy/sell or close the trade ? regards, Mat
is it possible to add a wingding in the text of the comment command? e.g.- ascii 242 a down arrow. if so, can you point me in the right direction? thanks
Hello guys again, i just try to write an expert in the new language. in your example there is a function getlasterror, but i can't find anything about this function in the library. what does this function, how to use it, what is the output??? Thanks in advance Daniel
Hi Is it possible in the next upgrade to have custom time frames and tick charts? In other words, it would be nice if the client version of the software had the ability to generate custom time frames based on traders preferences like 10 min charts or 25 min charts and custom tick charts like 55...
  Meta Trader CE  (1)
Какими способами и где можно приобрести MT CE ?
hi, i'm want to start trading real money - but with metatrader 4, as it's mql language is more advanced... unfortunately i dont know any of your clients who is already using the metatrader 4... and at least one of them also doesnt want to switch to mt4... so my experts and indicators are of no...