Strategy tester. - page 11

I am not yet convinced by this example. A closer look at the trades shows that the tester does not correctly calculate losses on closed orders: there are whole lots everywhere, so the value of one pip on EURUSD is $10/point. Therefore, the Balance may never end up with anything other than zero.

Also, as Mogol does not see the difference between Balance and Equity (or rather, does not distinguish their purpose), it is doubtful that he could have ever seen such a thing in a real account.

In the near future (2-3 weeks) I will analyze the results of this back-test, ask DC representatives to comment and we can draw a conclusion.

PS At the expense of the output Margin and FreeMargin - for this need to dynamically in the tester to calculate the value of points and lots, the developers have not promised this yet, although they asked ...

Also, as Mogol does not see the difference between Balance and Equity (or rather, does not distinguish their purpose), it is doubtful that he could have ever seen such a thing in a real account. .

Thanks Rosh :) from the heart :) then only either experience of your own, or thoughtfully!!! with a calculator.

All the best,
Micky Mogol.

I'm not teasing, I have to check for myself. I will never allow myself to see a negative Balance in real life (if it is possible), so I will have to check. Although, what the hell, you have to understand the nature of this situation first. If it wasn't for you, I never would have pursued this, so thank you really. Seriously.

I'm not teasing, I have to check сам. I will never allow myself to see a negative Balance in real life (if it is possible), so I will have to check. Although, what the hell, you have to understand the nature of this situation first. If it wasn't for you, I never would have pursued this, so thank you really. Seriously.

This situation was demonstrated about a year ago by AlexSilver on one of his real accounts...

Hmm... Apologies, Mogol.

If you have to hold on to a good long term movement (good if you also swap+) and only cover hopeless loss-making endings, you will definitely have a minus in static ;) and a plus in dynamic.

Free Margin is counted only as Equity - Margin = up to zero absolute value, and in % as Equity covers Margin i.e. Equity/Margin *100% ;)

All the best,
Micky Mogol.

Hmm... Apologies, Mogol .

NZZHT, ;)

All the best,
Micky Mogol.