General - page 1864

[Deleted]
I've searched the forum concerning this question and the closest thing I've found to an answer was found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173165 Anyway, I'm trying to get a simple moving average (10 in this case) from a daily chart to show up on a lower time frame. Preferably hourly, but it...
  Ver 196 Bug ?  (5)
Looks like it's not possible to get rid of the Chart Bar : unselecting Char Bar in the View menu does nothing.
MetaTrader 4 Mobile build 196 has been released What's new: 1. Fixed error of symbol list saving in the Quotes window. 2. Fixed error of indicators dialog box displaying. Links: "MetaTrader 4 Mobile trading terminal" - Windows Installer for MetaTrader 4 Mobile; "MetaTrader 4 Mobile trading...
A music video and spoof of the song "Every Breath You Take" about Ben Bernanke and Glenn Hubbarb. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1124254569250171465&hl=en
How can one have too many open orders? Is there a limit? If yes, how many is that limit?
hi folks i am playing a little bit around with some EA and back test them. but i dont get 90% modeling quality on the 1min chart. i have downloaded the files from the alpari site and converted it to all timeframes and i get on all timeframes which i tested 90% but not on the 1min chart. is this...
Bonjour, Ai chargé la version 196 chez Mig et il y a des problèmes : impossible de fermer la barre des graphiques ... et ceci crée des bugs ...
Hello People Iam looking for somebody who can add an Alert in Firebird 1a, if Firebird Buy or Sell it must get a Alert Thx
[Deleted]
Hello. I wonder how to get timeframe on which EA or indicator is executing?
Hi, I am tring to run the following script on MT4 (build 196) and I get an error msg - "Invalid trade parameters ". //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| script "send pending order with expiration data" |
Got a problem here. I'm working on an EA, obviously, but I discovered a problem when trying to create orders. I have the lotsize increase by 2x on each reversal. Well, on small lot sizes (0.03, 0.06, etc.) it's fine. The problem is when it gets to lot sizes above 2.5 For some reason the program will...
What measurements are used in the report of the backtester to determine if you have a good EA? I've been looking at Profit Factor and so far my EA can produce these numbers. Data from August 13 - Sept 6, lot sizes of 0.1 in order to mimic a mini account, balance starting at $5000. EURUSD 7.82...
I have downloaded these indicators and they seem to be very effective...Does anyone have any suggestions for settings/uses? Any comments are very welcome! Time frame suggestions/settings welcome also!
I'm trying to run the following subroutine to close all my short positions at once. It works great with the backtester as it closes all short positions as expected. But when I run against a Demo account and leave the EA on all the time, it only appears to close 1 open order at each bar (since I...
  Inside Bar  (47   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi All, I am trying to plot the Inside Bar in MT4. I am new to this system and cannot figure it out. Any help would be great. Here is the formula that I used in TC2005. (L1 = H) All I want to be able to plot a dot on the price chart. Thank you Peace out
  GridMaster Update  (18   1 2)
Hi all, I have been working with the EA named GridMaster MT3 version for about 2 weeks with pretty good success and downfall. I have tried to find out some more info on this EA searching through all the forums but there seems to be no mention of this EA. I recently had Yoursky update the...
  What is these ?  (4)
Hi you all , Do you guys know how to use these indi ? Look nice , do it paint the past or how ? cheers
Hello, I wanted to ask a question: Lets say we have the following code: int Start() { while(IsStopped==False) // endless loop { trading strategy code is inserted here...... } Return(0) // Question is must I have this line at all ??? } Question is: Must I have a return(0) line just before last
Hi Slawa, In MT4 will a local non-static variable (that has not been initializated explicitly using init() function) "always" start off as having a value of zero? Can I always **safely rely** on all of my non-static local variables starting off at zero? The second question I had is: If I assign...
Normally, we all see a run of a currency pair move so far in price action that it passes through its resistance/support lines. I am curious if anyone have any recommendations or strategies as to how to get in on the trend instead of sitting on the sidelines and wait for a reversal? By sitting on...
  Beware of SBFX  (12   1 2)
strategybuilderfx. They've just now started to show their true colors in the last two weeks. This is how I think it works. Strategybuilderfx comes on to the scene. They proclaim that they aren't like Interbankfx or FXDD. They are a good broker. They are a clearinghouse or whatever that...
  The Big Lie  (5)
Deleted I hate it when one tried to help people in this forum, and in return gets a hammer on his head. Admin please delete this. Tnx
  Learning Cycles For New Traders  (350   1 2 3 4 5 ... 34 35)
If are trading Chart Patterns, like Symmetrical, Ascending, a Descending Triangles, Wedges, Flags, then pleases help me. You see....., most of the times, I get a whipsaw! And it kills me! I want to ask You, how do You know if the breakout will be real or false? If You know, how do You trade with...
Hi, does anyone have an indicator which takes two values of ema and draws their difference in a seperate window below the price chart. It sounds very easy to make, but i dont have any experience in programming mql. Your help would be much appreciated. thanks ali
has anyone tried or heard anything about www.forexbulls.com? It seems interesting but I don't want to leap without having some idea if this is another scam or not
[Deleted]
  Help please  (4)
how can i access the private thread forums?
There are many keys to understanding the Forex markets, and there are many parallels between the Forex markets today and the stock market back in 1995 and 1996 when ECN technology like ISLD and ARCA were coming about. The non-deal-desk system is the really the beginning step of the process of making...
[Deleted]
My indicator calculates predicted future prices based on the slope of the moving average and other indicators. I would like to plot these future prices on the chart or separate window. I know that the arrays defined in MQL4 have a positive index with 0 representing the current bar and some positive...
If someone would be kind enough to help me here. I want to add a moving average to CCI, Stochastic and MACD. But as I am new to this system I cannot figure it out. I know it can be done. Any help would be greatly appriecated
  Apoligizes  (33   1 2 3 4)
Hello everyones in this forums. my intentions with this thread is to say " i really sorry " . Pedro Echenagucia www.veningroup.com ps.- try this system for free in mt3