General - page 1866

Hello all, During heavy times of trading... does code that executes at each tick ALWAYS complete prior to the next tick, or can the next tick interupt the execution of the the previous ticks code? Are there any settings that can gurantee code completes (disregarding the next tick trigger?) What...
hello, How is it possible, i connect from home, to my account, with an EA running on it. And when i go to work, i would want to connect to this account. what happen if my EA is activated on the 2 pc with the same settings ? Is it a problem or not ? Must i use the same Magicnumber ? thank you to all
donchian channels does any one have the language. much appreciated if they can be shown so i can copy them in the metatrader laguage
Hello, I just want to know if there is a way to produce something like that: in MT4. Thank you
Is there a list of phones that metatrader will work with? Is it simply ANY pocket pc phone? Does samsung i730 or vx6700 work? I assume none of the Treos work? There should be a frequenly updated list of phones that are supported so that these repititious messages don't keep appearing.
Hi: i keep on getting error # 4109 ERR_TRADE_NOT_ALLOWED even the "ALOW LIVE TRADING" button is chacked. can you please help me handle this ? Thank you very much Yankey
Hi, Will it be possible to automate screen shot (save as picture) every 1/2 hr? Thank-you. Jack
  Interesting cci  (6)
I found this on a site Was in russian, so some bit of translation rebound from the zero line" (ZLR)"is the strong rebound OF THE CCI from zero line (ZL) or from the level,// being been located is close to it. With this CCI can jump aside from// the values in the limits from +100 to -100 both for...
i have tried several times using the pivot point to execute my trades. it has however been difficult for me to breakeven,especially having to form a channel. another problem is that i find it difficult to ge the open for that day .please help.
  Spike in Gold  (9)
I'm using MT4 with the MetaQuotes-Demo Feed There was a huge spike in Gold 2006.06.22 4:36 price was around 592.70 and spiked up to 656.10. I don't have this spike on any other trading platform . Is there a way to 'filter' such spikes? If not, the feed should be completely under your control, so can
Hello anyone has an EA that when you define a profit for it (for example 200$) after it reaches the profit close all orders? also for stoploss for example (-200$) can any one help me ?
Hi , My DDE won't work with GBPUSD. I've tried with FXDD, MIG, IBFX, on both versions 3 and 4, and none of them will give me the DDE for GBPUSD. All the other pairs work fine, and other traders that use MT receive the DDE GBPUSD quotes just fine. What is the problem on my end??? It just stopped
Does any expert get such kind of EA? Close the current position when the price hits a moving average . Thanks
Hi , My DDE won't work with GBPUSD. I've tried with FXDD, MIG, IBFX, on both versions 3 and 4, and none of them will give me the DDE for GBPUSD. All the other pairs work fine, and other traders that use MT receive the DDE GBPUSD quotes just fine. What is the problem on my end??? It just stopped
  Volatility Breakout EA  (16   1 2)
Hi... I read "Encyclopedia of Trading Strategies" last week. You can download it from: http://www.loombo.com/dl/5562 - Trading Strategies Encyclopedia - Part 1 http://www.loombo.com/dl/5563 - Trading Strategies Encyclopedia - Part 2 http://www.loombo.com/dl/5564 - Trading Strategies Encyclopedia -...
Hi there, I am looking for a simple linear regression tool that can draw the line like the thick white line on the picture attached. The idea is to use it together with BB. I found a couple of indicators but they are too fancy and I cannot get the line I need with their help. The only setting which...
hi guys i need this indicator expert. when cross lines buy or sell. please add to expert: take profit stop loss lot please help me see this indicator:
Anybody here tried to run multiple session of MT4 on the same computer? And if so - how are you doing that (what software)? And do you see a diminished performance when running multiple sessions? And , do you need several installations of MT4 for that? Tnx
Hello everyone, thank you for all your replies. Is it possible to use the SetObjectText function to modify the entire label text of a line created with an IndexBuffer? I see the SetIndexLabel only modifies the Value Label... I want to remove the Indicator name and the time and replace with my own...
This might sound corny, or even nieve, but does/can any 1 help a complete novice find the way 2 begin a new spread betting career...... My ideas are all good but getting started is a big grey area 4 me,i just want 2 get going & take it from their!!!!!...
Hello, I just want to know if there is a way to produce something like that in MT4. Thank you
Dear All, How do I close the trade to take partial profit in MT4? For example sell 0.4 lot, take profit for 0.1 lot at 20 pips, 0.1 lot at 40 pips, 0.1 lot at 60 pips and 0.1 lot at 80 pips. The terminal only shows TP for the whole order (i.e. 0.4 lot). Thanks in advance bdandi
  EA idea  (1)
i would like to know what are u thinking about this idea.... 2 moving average ... and a stochastic when the fast MA is above the slow MA ... it goes long with the stochastic signal and sell it with the stochastic signal ... when the fast MA is under the slow MA .. it goes only short than sell it...
  Moving Average RSI  (29   1 2 3)
Hi All, I have just switched over from VTrader to Metatrader, and have searched for a while for an indicator called "Moving Average RSI", but no luck so far. This MARSI indicator works quite well to identify trend as well as getting good entry. Here is the formula that I copy from VTrader:...
can someone help me to write this command. @ cross open buystop @ 10pips above ask and open sellstop @ 10pips below bid thx
  Bravo for Buffet and Gates  (16   1 2)
mr. Buffet is donating 37bn bn & in charity and he is dubling Bill gates charity fondation.
Hi folks! Please read this article and download the EA (RealTrail) then tell me your comment(s)! http://www.metatrader.info/node/138
[Deleted]
My tests are telling me a couple of things that I'd like to exploit better than I know how to exploit right now. There are so many indicators. Which one(s) would serve to detect channels best that I can build into my EA? I can see that my EA loses when it gets near a turning point or the outer edge
We are starting upgrade of our servers today: IP addresses will be changed, websites and MT 4 Demo Server will be taken to the new hardware. The break in the МТ4 Server operation will not exceed 2 or 3 minutes. Users should not chnage any settings:The terminal will switch to the new server address...
i dont know how to programm , but my idea is to do a specified WMA cross, someone could help me?