General - page 1859

take a look ^_^ http://www.forexbastards.com/funnyflashvideo.php
  Best Targets?  (1)
Hi to all! Can the experts here comment on what is the best indicator to achieve reasonable accuracy with targets? I use the Donchian Channels which seem to work ok but it gives a small range and does not allow for 2:1 RR. I attached it and a screen as well
  Fxdd Data  (7)
Hi, I was only getting 40-50% modelling quality. This might depend on EA, but when I've started testing from date I have 1 minute data from.....I get 90%. Unfortunatelly I don't have enough of FXDD 1min data... just since beginning of 2006, what is not enough to backtest strategy. Also it doesn't...
[Deleted]
I have a couple print lines.... Print(" index value high:",sLocatorHighs[p]," P is:",p," high matches:",highMatches," High is:",HIGH," index value low:",sLocatorLows[p]," P is:",p," low matches:",lowMatches," Low is:",LOW); and it will print ok unless I ask it to print the same line in two places in...
[Deleted]
  Data Box in MT4  (5)
Does anyone know a way that I can get a display of all the values of my indicators in one place using MT4? I know that when you place the cross-hair over one of the indicators a small box will be displayed giving only that indicator's values. I would like a way to get all of the info from all of my...
Can someone program a simple alert (text message or alarm) for this lsma indicator for when the line changes color. Thanks //---- indicator settings #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 3 #property indicator_color1 Yellow #property indicator_color2 Chartreuse #property...
I'm not sure if this has been discussed... a stop loss on the upside of the price always seems to trigger too soon, even though price has not even hit it. I'd say maybe 2-3 pip difference. A stop loss on the donwside however will trigger when price has touched it only, hence doing what is...
hello, i want to knoe how i can use sendorder method , and how i can get the ticket id from the sendorderinfo stract that is passed for this function. any body can help me thanks
i want to use MtSetPumpingMode method from the mtapi.dll file that found in the interbank version 3.
In the OrderModify functoin for order type OP_BUY, I can increase the OrderTakeProfit() value, but If I try to lower the OrderTakeProfit() value, I get Message "unknown ticket for OrderModify function", and the reverse is true for the OrderModify function for order type OP_SELL. The following gives...
  Sidewinder  (8)
Does anyone have the indicator by Woodie called the "Sidewinder"? I've searched through this forum but I haven't come across it. Thanks!
I am trying to come up with a profitable strategy using this indicator--4 period ma. I used to trade live successfully using a similar indicator that I don't have access to anymore. I can't seem to find the optimal settings on 4pma i.e. ma length, method, etc. Would anybody who can read MQL4 code be
[Deleted]
Due to the many demands by friends, I've decided to have this thread for testing purposes of the two EAs I've developed recently. Namely: 1) Trend-Rider : Based on jumping on trends and using them (long-term) 2) ExtremeScalper : The name suggests it has too many orders per day, which is incorrect
hello, i want to know how to use some functions in MT3APIdotNet.dll file i have some problem in (sendorder,getopentrades)methods.i need any help for this function or an simple example use this function on dot net .
I need help from an expert for my EA..I would like to open 2 lots and: - close the first lot after 10 pips (take profit) - leave run the other lot How I have to modify my file? Thanks in advance
  backtesting  (1)
hello, is there anyone who can tell me how to backtest on the platform metatrader ??? i have heard it it possible. i hope you can help me. best regards
It appears that I can not run multiple Experts with a single broker, even with multiple accounts. Does that mean I have to open demo or live accounts for each Expert with a different broker? If I have multiple brokers, do I have install multiple versions of MT? Do I also have to install a multiple...
  Fundamentals  (8)
Could someone recommend any good educational material on Fundamentals. How and why the news reports/economic data would effect the market etc... Any ebooks etc? any help would be appreciated Thanks.
Hello, I want to use the sendorder method that is found in the .net mtapi.dll , this method take one parameter is orderinfo this is a struct and also it passed by reference, then it must modify the order id with the real order id. any body use this method and get from it the real id can help me
hello, I have the mtapi.dll wrapper and use it in .net , i can connect,login ,send order and close order, but I want to close and modify an orders ,i can't get the id for the ticket order , any body know how i can get the id for an open order
  Get order id  (1)
hello, I want to close and modify an orders ,but i can't get the id for the ticket order , any body kow how i can get the id for an open order
  Palm Treo 700W  (1)
Does the mobile version run on the 700w? I think it's a no, but I though I'd at least confirm.
  MT3 api  (1)
does mt3 api can access real account? there is any plan for mt4 api? thanks.
metaquotes.net: 19 July 2006 MetaQuotes Software Corp. starts the unique Automated Trading Championship 2006 sponsored by Spacevision Switzerland SA, FXDirectDealer LLC. and Interbank FX LLC.. Unlike numerous traders contests, this championship is intended not for traders, but for Expert Advisors...
  Adx not working  (1)
I am using the ADX attached. For some reason it will not show up on all currency pairs (usd/jpy for example) but it works on all the others. Does anyone know why this is? Also, would someone be able to make an input where I can change the +DI and -DI manually without altering the code? Thanks in...
  Anybody seen DecisionBar.com?  (27   1 2 3)
Hi all, Here is a guy at www.decisionbar.com that supposedly has found the "secret" to trade the markets including the FX market and he offers a bunch of indicators that supposedly picks mostly successful trades. We all know how that goes, but he shows some FX charts on his website with the...
Hi I am trying to get an EA to send me an email message when it wants to trade. This will call the SendMail() function. The help says "Sends a message to the e-mail set in the Tools->Options->EMail tab." My email is provided through charter.net so I put in smtp server : smtp.charter.net my login...
According to the Zhangge's Trend Double Principle, canddle F has reached the trade point perfectly. So my suggestion is to short USD/SGD on next Monday(Jul 24), target is point C which will be 100 pips profit at least. (" Zhangge's Trend Double Principle "------"The Principle was invented by a...
hi, if some one can help me in this simple problem, i implement an application that work on the managed mtapi.dll file,i want to get the ticket id (order id) to use it in closing and modifying an order . any body can help me, thanks for all