General - page 1975

FileOpen  (6)
I took the following sample from www.metaquotes.net site. I am not able to open a file using this sample. The FileOpen function returns -1. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Code: int h1; h1 = FileOpen("mydata.csv", FILE_CSV, ";"); if(h1<0) { Comment("Unable to open file my_data...
  Library Question  (1)
Quoted from Metatrader web site: "Libraries are user functions libraries where frequently used blocks of user programs are stored." I need a kick start to understanding the proper use of MQL4 libraries. How do you access or call the functions and pass parameters to them? What do you write and...
Hi everyone! I'd like to invite you to check out a toturial about Technical Analysis by MetaQuotes. 2 thumbs up for this short yet informative guide. I like Technical Indicators pages the most, since each indicator is well documented with example + formula.
I noticed an option to enter the email address under Tools-->Options menu. Where do I use this feature? Is it possible to send an email alert from an indicator or expert? If yes, can you please show a few lines of code that sends an email. Thanks very much.
Hello, first of all, as a trader, I want to congratulate you Metatrader 4 and as a web design company CEO i want to congratulate you for the new web site. A few sugestions: [Web Site] - You should post a list of brokers which use Metatrader 4 organized by countries. This is very usefull....
  Debugger  (1)
Could you please add to MetaQuotes4 debugger, a program that can help us quickly locate many of our programming mistakes, a tool that gives us control over the program we're running. We can use the debugger to temporarily stop our program's execution or execute the program one statement at a time
When I use the open the Bollinger Band Indicator, it comes a dialog box of setting parameters including Period, Deviation, apply to, color, and shift. Shall I write StdDev number into the Shif Box, or something else?
There's only Bollinger Bands indicator in MetaTrader. Is there away to add the Bollinger Bands Width Indicator? Thanks!
I am trying to convert the following MQL II code to MQL4. The MQL4 code is below. Can someone tell me what is wrong with my converted code? There are no compilation errors. The arrows appear like a line. MQL II Code. ======== For shift=Bars-1 Downto 0...
One of new features of MetaTrader 4 is opportunity to open accounts with different currency deposits. Starting from 128 build its possible to choose "forex-jpy" and "forex-eur" accounts also. Results of all trading operations will be calculated in these currencys too.
Hi for All, Dear MetaQuotes Software Corp., first of all, thank you very much for your effort to build MT4, I think that I will like it. Questions, Ambitions, Expectations: Why there haven't been implemented "TICKbyTICK TimeFrame view", in that case there will be the possibility for higher...
Is it possible with MQL4 to draw lines at certain price points and such?? If so would it be possible to get the code for something like that. Smoothice
It should be included in the installation pack in a directory titled "API", or downloaded from the Products page. But none of the two options was valid.
This is my first attempt at mt4 code. Having no formal training in any codes I am sure there are some mistakes. The code compiles with no errors but it does not work in live trading mode. Why ? Any help or fixes most welcome.. PS.. Well done MT tech guys, some great new features in MT4 GT......
  Code Examples  (5)
It would be nice if we could get some MORE code examples and a more detailed user guide, in any language.. New product looks great and am looking forward to using it live.. d
The new website is nice, but as long as the mt3 version is still valid u should reactivate the download feature for the user programmed experts and indicators from the old catalogue-site! I hope this can be done!! greetz, Daniel
  Backtest & MQL?  (1)
Hi, I attached the sample MACD Sample expert to a chart. When the properties come up there is not a tab for back testing. I then pressed the 'Strategy Tester' Button and nothing happened. Can you backtest in version 4 beta? If so what am I doing wrong. Thanks. Also, is there anyway to convert...
Hello, On the 22 Nov, the beta version 4 of MetaTrader is scheduled to be released. Check it out! Let's see whether current version of API will work or not. Cheers, Scorpion
Hello Everyone, I just wonder how many people believe in this. If you say Yes, then why do you believe in FXFisherman? Scorpion