General - page 1715

Hi, I've just seen the post from scorpion about placing requests here. I haven't a clue where to start with this sort of thing but what I would ideally like is something like this: 1)price bars to turn red when a specific moving average is sloping downwards and the signal line of an macd is turned...
to create an EA that can use the price patter of one pair to trigger an action on another? I want to start an account for my daughter with just a bit of chump change, but try to walk into a good correlated pair with positive interest swap. Leg into a gbpjpy manually, and then in a take profit point...
Hi, I am new kind of new to forex, and now i have chosed northfinance, which uses metatrader terminal as my broker. I need general info on the layout, and operation of metatrader, pls.
  EA Usage Tricks  (2)
It is very helpful if people share their tricks in using EAs For instance, I have a problem with using EA, as when I open MT4, EA will open a trade according to its signal (trend direction), though it may be the end of the trade. One solution is to keep EA inactive, then upon appearing first...
Latest FCMs report from CFTC released to show that several FCMs have staretd to increase their NET Adjusted Captial to be above the 5M mark suggested by the NFA. Mgforex, one of them, increased their NAC to be become 5.1 M. Until the end of this year, if firms remain under 5, they will face closing
Hi Guys, I have two questions about MetaTrader, I hope someone can help. My first question is how can I put a simple arrow as an indicator when an IF statement is trigerred in the Custom Indicator section of Metastock? Second question where can I find a good A-Z tutorial on the Metatrader...
Hi, Is there a conversionprogram what can be used to convert the indicators, written in mq4, in EasyLanguage which can be imported in Tradestation? thank you Henk
[Deleted]
i-HighLow indicator draws the channel with borders correspond to highest high and lowest low values of the bar's shadows for the last N bars. Indicators' parameters are: extern int N = 20; - searching of highest/lowest bars for the last 20 bars extern int N2 = 5; - drawing the borders with 5 points...
Hi, I'm trying to find an indicator called RCI (Rank Correlation Index). I've been unsuccessful locating this, anyone has more info about this or the actuall mq4 file for MT4? Regards
Hello guys, I'm newbie in programming MQL4 and I'm facing a major problem while I was creating my first EA... My EA always places multiple orders in one time with the same price. I was wondering if anybody in the forum who are more senior can guide me how to edit my EA so it can only place an...
Hi guys, I'm in search of an existing multitimeframe confirmation EA sample to try to develop my trading style EA. Any help will be much appreciated. p/s: What I mean with multitimeframe is for example, we rule out in the EA that IF M5, M15, M30 & H1 stochastic is heading up, it will trigger long
  CCI Candles  (36   1 2 3 4)
Here is the indicator as requested. I have set the CCI Period to 25 & the extreme levels at 480/-480 perhaps you could let us know what settings you use to trade with. For those of you who want to use this as a normal CCI overbought /oversold indicator set the levels to 100/-100 or 250/-250...
  Need Help  (7)
Hi! Mt4 has made another update. From 4.00 build 208 to 4.00 build 210. When I update it, a window pops up saying: "Installation procedure needs to update and restart your application". There is a tab "update and Restart". When I click it, nothing happens and your MT4 with all you have inside can...
  MT-4 tester  (3)
I updated my MT-4 platforms yesterday. Now, at the tester I can see only the "Optimization" option. I can't see the "Recalculate" option. I can't test my EAs now. I have MIG-demo and Northfinance-demo. I reinstalled the platforms but the problem is still as before.
  Error = 0  (2)
I am running an ea, and in the experts folder under the graph I keep getting this error. Evidently this error is the cause why the ea did not trigger on one of the currencies. Could a pro tell me what this error means?? I just looked in the metaeditor search under error codes. It means Error =...
Using the RSI for example: The RSI has Parameter settings of Open, High, Low, Close, Median, Weighted Close, etc. If you overlay 2 RSI indicators and set 1 to Open and the other to Close you can see how the 2 behave. The current Close may look similar to the previous Open but the values are...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Registration Problems has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/223/). It gives a brief description of the most common errors in Expert Advisors submitted for the Championship. Anticipating the growth of...
Rumor has it that Forex.com / GAIN Capital will soon provide MetaTrader 4 Platform. Good news for you folks who want to have the best of both world: Reputable Broker and Full-featured Trading Platform . You should be able to use your all-time favorite MetaTrader 4 with Forex.com / GAIN Capital from
please anyone know where find data for trade station 2000???
Can someone add an initial STOP LOSS to this EA? Thanks.
Hello, I'm experimenting with some indicators with an EA I have, in the process I enter certain values such as high/low into an array and I want to print out the array when the backtest ends. I tried to use a datetime variable to mark the end of the data, for something like this: "//time to trigger...
Hi, I want to create a script that sends POST data to a specific URL and reads the response. I've used the wininet.dll library, but I have problem posting the data. I followed the instructions on MSDN's help for the wininet.dll, but the post data is not sent. I've attached the script. If someone can...
[Deleted]
Don't fix it if it ain't broken! I was reading hundreds or thousands of posts in the last weeks of great trading systems and setups here. So many peoples putting their brains here, trying to find a way to beat the difficult Forex market. Tough enemy. So there are so many systems - better or worse -...
[Deleted]
Broker1 gives me the data for my EA Broker2 excutes my EA orders, that are generated via broker1 EA. Place orders when price is hit, no pending orders placed. I guess a text file between the two is the way this could be done ? So the retail broker cant win off me ? OR Wait till ECN MT4 brokers are...
[Deleted]
What can the retail brokers see from my MT4 EA. I know if my EA places TP and SL orders the can see these on there dealing desk Can the read the following also - EA MQ4 code - Global variables - Live or demo accounts, can they see on both, if they can at all ? - Can the see the indicator ex4 files...
  Free Forex Signal  (12   1 2)
hello, it is my first post here. fxfisherman is great place to learn forex, i read here often. Actually i've been giving a free forex signal for about 3 months to my blog reader. I'd like to share the signal here, hope this is not wrong place to post it free forex signal 11-09-2007 best time to put...
I am writing an article i need to know about the major foreign exchange centers? Does anyone knows?
Is it compulsory to invest more capital in the forex trade?
Hi, as I'm not well-versed in MT4 coding I need help with a simple formula called Buff MA; I've the corresponding formula in Metastock language as the following one: BUFF:=Sum(V*C, 32) / (Cum(V) - Ref( Cum(V), -32)); BUFF If someone could compile it for MT4 I'd be glad. Buff MA helps in determining...