Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 152

[Deleted]
This EA trades a Candlestick reversal setup at open of Bar[0] BUY - Candle[1] is bullish - Candle[2] is bullish - Candle[3] is bearish I had created a separate trailing stop EA and it works fine. The problem is that when i looped this trail stop EA on the Reversal setup EA, the trail is
Hi everyone!!! What can cause a backtest to be very slow on One EA and faster on The Other??? I test the two different EA with the same conditions, 2 months period and visual mode OFF . One EA took 5 Minutes to complete the test but the other took 3 hours I would like to know what causes a very slow
Hello, sorry if the question has already been asked in a different way because I did not find it. 1/I am starting to get interested in automatic trading but I am wondering what seems to be the best or rather the difference. There are all the indicators that we can develop from macd, moving average
  onchart button  (1)
hey guys, i already have an EA running already on a custom indicator but i want to add a button that stop the ea from taking short trades or vice versa until i press it again
I bought an expert advisor here on the market. However if I click install on terminal, the ea does not install on MT4.Mt4 does open but I dont see the expert advisor anywhere, not down at purchased in Market. Refresh doesn't help either. I did login on MT4 to mql5.
Good evening, I have a subscriber to a signal. When the person I follow opens a position, it opens to me too but with lower volume. For example: the signal always opens at 0.07, in my account it opens at 0.01 How can I open exactly equal to the signal
Hey All, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have an EA making trades days after I have removed it from the chart, closed the chart and disabled autotrading. I restarted my terminal, logged out and back in etc. I am out of ideas. I contacted the author and was told it is my
I was reading this article ( https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/3279 ) and I found it interesting, what I'm curious about is: How can one develop such a tool? I've read the developer documentation, but don't find anything related to running the optimization process programatically. I would like to
Hi, Don't know if I'm trying to push the boundaries of MQL5 here, but is there anyway to have an inline if within iCustom to determine the correct type for the parameter in MQL5? return iCustom ( Symbol (), Period (), "Testing\\" +customInputs[ 1 ],CheckIfNumeric(paramValues[ 0 ])? StringToInteger
Hello Everyone, I've checked a tutorial to perform a bollinger band expert advisor on youtube ( Coding a Simple Bollinger Band Expert Advisor in MQL4 - Start to Finish - YouTube ). This tutorial is for MQL4, so I tried to translate it to MQL5 but now I have the 'undeclared identifier" on a ' if '
Hello Is there a way i can create my own class and reference it through an array ? The class is of non-default data types. (int, float, double, etc.) Why i ask. :-) class DataRateStructure { public : double DataRateData_Bid; double DataRateData_Ask; datetime
What could be better, faster, latency, speed overral? Running 3 EAs on 1 mt5 or running 3 instances of mt5 each with 1 EA Don't mind if sam account, just pure system requirements question
Hi, I am facing one issue in this example: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/618#example I am a subscriber 2 in this example and I want to avoid this step: Subscriber2 : 0,1166 * (50 / 100) = 0,0583 (5.83%) But I cant. Also I cant increase my leverage. It was just an example. In fact I have max
Hello! I'm writing a function that will compare the open prices of all open positions. In case it is a buy, it will determine and return the open price with highest value. In case it is a sell, it will determine and return the open price with the lowest value. The purpose is to make sure all
Hello, I've been trying to write a signal which places stop orders instead of executing on market price. The problem I'm facing is, m_base_price is zeroed after each call to either CExpertSignal::CheckOpenShort CExpertSignal::CheckOpenLong Here: //--- zeroize the base price m_base_price=0.0; My idea
Hi, my expert advisor is built using the TD sequential indicator. Whenever a candle hits a '9' a buy or sell order is made. The problem is this condition can occur when still in a trade on the same pair. I would like to only have one trade open per pair. Any help will be appreciated. #property
  Programming  (7)
hi How can I run Project tab (expert test 1 in Meta Editor ) in the MetaTrader
  automated BOTS  (1)
Hi, if i get an automated trading bot, is there any way that friends can copy trade from that bot? or is it just for 1 account use
Hey guys. I hope you are doing well. I did actually searched a bit and tried a number of solutions but I didn't get any result. I want to modify sl/tp of an OPEN position with python, however, I am not successful! I use MetaTrader5 Package. Any suggestions? examples? documentations? Anything toward
Hello, if I do: string a = EnumToString(MODE_SMMA); I get: a = " MODE_SMMA " Now, I would like some function that does just the opposite, I mean something like: int b = StringTo Enum ("MODE_SMMA"); b = 2 where 2 is the int value associated to the constant: " MODE_SMMA " Regards, cyberglassed
Hi guys I receive quite often from broker the timeout error when I use my MT5 EA - it is on LIVE account and it happens like this: the order is sent to market , after 3 min I receive a Timeout Error, and then my EA tries again - it could try 5 times after 5 timeout tries it will stop trying, and
HI, I wanted t know if someone can help me out all my script is done but when i put on backtesting the EA open more than one trade when the conditions are good My conditions are if CCI > 100 and when the candles of the chart are over the moving average it's a buy signal But when the buy signal is
My EA opens positions at market price using OrderSend(). In the Strategy Tester, and on demo, when the call returns "10009 Request Completed", the MqlTradeResult .price field holds the price at which the position was opened, and the MqlTradeResult .deal field holds the corresponding deal ID
So I have read a few old posts here about backtesting and clearly I have learned that backtesting does not reflect reality! I made a research about that because I bought an EA and after a week the gain on my real account, it didnt reflect the gain in backtesting at all. All those videos and GIF on
Hello Everyone, I am new to EA coding.  Somehow i was able yo make a code for simple RSI.  But the problem i am facing is that it opens so many order whenever the RSI condition is met. It is opening position at ever tick. I need to add a piece of code so that this EA opens only 1 trade per candle....
It's not for all cases, retractions are natural in this enviroment, I know, but for, let's say, assorted high probability pullbacks
I want to show my function's input like that. normally it is : [Variable Type][Space][Variable Name] I want : [Variable Type][Space][Whatever I Want (eg : flags=TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES)] A little Help Will Be Really Appreciated
My EAs log diagnostic data in a text file. This helps me troubleshoot users problems, monitor the trade execution (slippage, server roundtrip delay), etc. Unfortunately, my EAs are not perfect and might cause a critical error (e.g. " array out of range "). It would be great if the EA would allow me
  Successful bots  (2)
Hello everyone, I’m writing this because I’ve been studying the eur/usd market for about 8months, and I just wanted to get any feedback about expert advisors that have been created and been successful profit wise by any developers in the community. Again any real pros that have been in this business
Hello to everyone!!! I'm interested to buy this EA But unfortunately this EA won't have News Filter or something to disable BOT in certain Days etc... I just need to create a script that simulate the click of this button: I don't want to disable completely the Algo trading, so did someone could help