Bank deposits and bond coupons are to be taxed at 13%... - page 7

Evgeniy Zhdan:

What if there is a devaluation? At least gold will remain gold and paper money will become rubbish.

And do not get your hopes up - there has already been a devaluation, the state did not benefit from it, some people were very nimble )))

Alexey Kozitsyn:

You can invest in gold in many different ways. Jewellery is by no means the best.

Just the most reliable. Opening a metal deposit or buying bullion is riskier. You just might not get it back from the bank for a variety of reasons. Or they may impose some kind of tax on you, or tell you to provide documents for your income from work... Why don't you know how it happens? They will point you to 115 FZ and that's it, a kick in the ass.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

Just the most secure. Opening a metal deposit or buying bullion is more risky. The bank may not give it to you for a variety of reasons. Or they might impose some kind of tax, or tell you to provide documents for what your employment income is...

ETFs for gold?

Alexey Kozitsyn:

It is precisely the further tightening that is frightening. A few months ago I remember people saying that the NFB was gigantic, that it was full of money. And poof... All of last year's MOEX growth collapses in a month, the flow of petrodollars and gas-dollars is cut off to little less than zero. И... hello devaluation, new taxes and a new constitution. The future grows bleaker before our eyes...

So the National Welfare Fund has been unloaded anyway, because the cut-off price for oil when the RF earns is $40-42.
So now it has to be replenished somehow, so they thought of a way to squeeze it from investors.
The thing is that sooner or later, oil will regain its positions and the state will reach the previous levels of income.
And the tax for citizens will remain the same ((

Alexey Kozitsyn:

ETF for gold? Any opinion on this instrument? Or gold mining stocks?

Thinking about them too. I haven't done that yet. I will have to read about their depository, i.e. where is your share kept (if at all), or how are your shares insured and re-insured?

If it's 100% reliable (at least as in a Swiss bank :) ) Then you can take it. Shares, however, not a fact. With the current situation, they can also be bad for a long time. But if the horizon in the area of 10 years I think the norm.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

So take it from the factory. Pawnshops here accept gold at 1,800 rubles per gram. In 10 years it won't be any cheaper.

Igor is right. The sense of investing in physical gold is to invest from the bar. You may make it easier - banks have gold accounts, they do not pay interest, it just says that you have so many grams (it's more convenient than bullion, the min.lot size, i.e.).

Well you're right that gold doesn't even grow in dollars)). But if that's the only reason to get into it, then it's easier to get into dollars - it's easier to store. And if you think in general about the general depreciation of paper money - such an option is in my opinion can not be calculated, it seems to me there will always be a pole of stability, if not the dollar, then what? well, the options - the yuan, bitcoins and so on.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

ETF for gold?

Could collapse at any moment. It's all worthless.

Physical jewellery under the bed at least won't leave you hungry for a while.

Roman:

The point is that oil will recover sooner or later and the state will reach its previous levels of income.
And the tax for citizens will remain the same ((

Controversial. And it is not clear what your claims are based on.

There is no dispute.

Aleksey Mavrin:

Well you are right that gold, if not even growing, is not growing in dollars). But if that's the only reason to get into it, it's easier to get into dollars - it's easier to store.

Seems to be easier. BUT!

I read a version that the US was considering one of the sanctions options - declaring dollars in a certain country (guess which one?) invalid. I do not know if it is true or not, but it was a rumour.

Do you think it is not real? I think it is not impossible.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Controversial. And it is not clear what your claims are based on.

Undisputed.

The Saudis are not justified in dumping, cheap oil is not good for anyone.
They won't be able to contain cheap oil for long.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

It seems easier. BUT!

I read a version that the US was considering one of the sanctions options - declaring dollars in a certain country invalid. I do not know if this is true or not, but it was a rumour.

Do you think it is not real? I think it is not impossible.

It's like picking at the bough you're sitting on. You become unwanted by the states, you get zeroed out. Who would invest in something like that? Highly unlikely and implausible.