How do I create a function to process each millisecond? - page 14

The commonly known standard was made at least for quality, and for technical and economic reasoning, not for "eye comfort".
The brain processes one image in 13 milliseconds, that would be 77 frames per second.

It turns out that even 20 fps is enough for normal motion in video, but they started to use more - 24 fps, because of some sound synchronisation issues. But there is still the problem of flicker.

At one time, mechanical cinema projectors flicker problem solved by increasing the number of blades "obturator" and during the display of one frame, there was a flicker of 2-3 times.

Here is an article about the construction of ancient cinema cameras (with "progressive" scanning) - http://pws49.mypage.ru/modernizaciya_kinoproektora_luch_2_s8_1.html

jdjahfkahjf:
The commonly known standard was made at least for quality, and for technical and economic reasoning, not for "eye comfort".
The brain processes one image in 13 milliseconds, that would be 77 frames per second.

And if I can eat three watermelons at a time, do I have to consume three watermelons each time? We are talking about a sufficient frame rate.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

And if I can eat three watermelons at a time, should I always consume three watermelons at a time? We are talking about a sufficient frame rate.

You can choose not to eat watermelons at all, that would also be sufficient.

jdjahfkahjf:

Downloaded it in two versions 480/30 1080/60, watched it, remembered the joke:

A man on a business trip asks at the drugstore

- I need 100 condoms.

Nothing to do in the hotel in the evening, he counted them and it turned out to be 99.

In the morning he walks into a drugstore:

- I asked for 100 condoms yesterday and you gave me 99.

Saleswoman:

- oh ask me, I've ruined your night!

-----

Do you get a lot of aesthetic pleasure from watching this video in 480/30?

jdjahfkahjf:

You can choose not to eat watermelon at all, that will be enough too.

Do you think you shouldn't eat watermelons?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Do you think you shouldn't eat watermelons?

You don't get it, "enough" is a subjective concept, some people don't need 3 watermelons, others are very sufficient without them.

Wrote above, the standard, was adopted purely and for the technical limitations of those times, and consistently and for economic reasoning, and as a minimum for quality.

jdjahfkahjf:

It does not process anything in such a time, there is a time of passage through the visual channel, there is a time of increased brain activity, there is a degree of brain concentration, and all these are peak, essentially one-time values, and in 99.9999% of the time the eye perceives 24 frames per second

and it is the peripheral vision that is responsible for the "degree of comfort" of the perceived image and provides no information

SZS: 77 frames per second... with such vision you should be able to distinguish individual flaps of a fly's wing.... the flickering of electric light bulbs powered by 220V 50Hz .... lots of things... and even with an analogue kinescope TV you see a blinking screen and not the whole picture...

jdjahfkahjf:

You don't get it, "enough" is a subjective concept, some people don't need 3 watermelons, some people are very sufficient without them.

Wrote above, the standard, was adopted purely and for the technical limitations of those times, and consistently and for economic reasoning, and as a minimum for quality.

If you put it that way, it's like there's a tribe in Africa (or there was), they can't watch movies at all, they don't get the coloured spots on the wall into a picture.

This is an objective case in point. At 16 frames per second there is an impression of unnaturalness of movements, and at 24 everything is all right.