Making money on forex is impossible - page 12

The question is rhetorical, as the answer has already been formulated.

Oleg, imho - a message leading to a dead end. For a tracking system.

avtomat:

Eh... ...chatterboxes, man... Geez... with a trade that's "really good"...

I've said it a hundred times before, but I must say it again: I've set myself the goal of achieving absolute break-even. I'm sure that many people don't even understand the complexity of such a task.I am sure that many people don't even understand the complexity of such a task. At the same time,the tractor is constantly being improved.

The system works perfectly stable from atrader'spoint of view, where it is acceptable to make losing trades, but the main thing is that the overall result is positive. Tractor has been doing this successfully for a long time. But I am not satisfied with such a result where there will be at least one small losing trade. If such an error occurs, the tractor is sent for rework. I do not care about 100-200-500$, but I would feel sorry for "trading" smart guys. I can clearly see that they are strangled by their greed ;))

Does it make you feel better? Though, I doubt it... As the saying goes, "The goose is no companion to the swine" - both understanding and vision of the world are different ;)))

At the beginning of September I'm going to put the modifiedproject into operation, goals and objectives are grandiose, I'll include it in monitoring - and then we'll see. And it will be possible to compare it with those who "trade quite well".

Is the tractor, for the sake of break-even results, able to cope with communication failure, with errors in the terminal software (if it is a robot), with the inaccessibility of the dealing server? For example, I have set a task (with losing trades) to eliminate this dependence by forecasting quotes because in this case you can place orders in advance and take quotes from Russia24 (write them in a notebook) and send orders by phone in advance. The approach that is based not on forecasting, but on tracking and determining the current state of the market, I think, is more dependent on the things mentioned. But even without mentioning the trouble spots, the very task of determining future quotes, considering it impossible, assuming the measure of difficulty, 99.99% does not set itself. Is it surprising, that according to the unambitious approaches the results obtained by many people are also doubts about the possibility of a profitable trading?

tara:

The question is rhetorical, as the answer has already been formulated.

Oleg, imho - a message that leads to a dead end. For a tracking system.

Wrong, Alexei.

avtomat:

Wrong, Alexei.

If you say so.

-Aleksey-:
Is the tractor able to cope with a disconnection of communication, with errors in the terminal software (if it is a robot), with the unavailability of the dealing server for the sake of breakeven? For example, I have set a task (with losing trades) to eliminate this dependence by forecasting quotes because in this case you can place orders in advance and take quotes from Russia24 (write them in a notebook) and send orders by phone in advance. The approach that is based not on forecasting, but on tracking and determining the current state of the market, I think, is more dependent on the things mentioned. But even without mentioning the trouble spots, the very task of determining future quotes, considering it impossible, assuming the measure of difficulty, 99.99% does not set itself. Is it surprising, then, that according to the unambitious approaches the results obtained by many people are also doubts about the possibility of a profitable trade?

The tractor was designed in such a way that it would be completely immune to connection failures, server unavailability, etc. etc.

But here :"An approach which is not based on forecasting, but on tracking and determining the current state of the market seems to be more dependent on the things mentioned" - it's exactly the opposite.

avtomat:

The tractor was designed in such a way that it would be completely uncritical of connection disruptions, server unavailability, etc. etc.

But here :"An approach which is not based on forecasting, but on tracking and determining the current state of the market, seems to be more dependent on said things" -- it's exactly the opposite.

Why the opposite? Tracking is dependent on every current point in time. Forecasting is not, only on past recorded data.

-Aleksey-:
Why the other way round? Tracking is dependent on every current point in time. Forecasting is not, only on past recorded data.

It does not hurt to remember here the laws of physics, classical mechanics, which are quite applicable to the quotations of any instrument in any market, represented by a series of data -- most people deny this solely because of their lack of understanding.

avtomat:

It does not hurt to recall here the laws of physics, classical mechanics, quite applicable to the quotations of any instrument in any market, represented by a series of data -- most deny this solely by virtue of their lack of understanding.
Any formal law is a dependence, and using dependence to ensure that the relationship disappears uncritically at a future point in time is already a prediction. So the tractor is predicting something after all?

-Aleksey-:
Any formal law is a dependency, and using dependency to ensure that the relationship does not disappear at a future point in time is already a prediction. So the tractor is predicting something after all?

I see that you like the word prediction a lot... A stone rolling down a mountainside --- in your terminology its further movement downwards, not upwards, would be called "forecasting". I prefer the established terminology of physics. And the term "forecasting" has a lot of flaws.

-Aleksey-:
Any formal law is a dependency, and using dependency to ensure that the loss of communications at a future point in time is uncritical is already prediction. So the tractor is predicting something after all?

I should clarify here. Price space is one-dimensional, so the flux density is independent of the distance to its source.

Consequence: when there is a short-term loss of information about one's own location, the best tactic is one devised immediately prior to that loss.