Nostalgic for the past?

I've found myself thinking that I've hardly been on the forum for the last year. Either the content has become simple, or "everything that can be done has already been done" - there are no fresh, worthwhile new ideas. All the old ones have scattered.

I remember in 2008-2009 when it was full of life here - a real flood of information that I wanted to read and read.

I wanted to ask a roll call of old forum to make - where are you all, how was trading success and stuff like that.

P.S. Young people, please don't spam.

No, it's too early to write your memoirs :)

I confess to being on the forum since 2007. Trading... I don't really trade... Just dabbling a little bit. Just simple averages... no fiddling, as they say....

What's to come... Make way for the "young."

Don't know where I fit in. Registration May 2009.

It was fun, now I just do not have time. I want to be a forex director.

Almost completely switched to cryptocurrency trading. Trading is OK ) but there's still a long way to go. And the forum has really run out of steam, or else...

Forex is slowly but surely dying out as a market. If I used to ask MT management "when will MT5 be implemented at brokers?", now the right question to ask is "how long will forex exist at all?" Almost all the forex brokers have left the US, even Alpari who I thought was one of the biggest brokers. In September they sold all their FXCM accounts, which is almost impossible to trade with because of the astronomical spreads. I see people here have stopped looking for grails or even just interesting trading approaches. All the programmers have opened their skis to create signals and other tools, and they do not share their ideas anymore. Let the young people dream of conquering the Forex, and we will help them with our signals and tablets, but not for free. Sadly.

TheXpert:
Almost completely switched to cryptocurrency trading. Trading is OK ) but there's still a long way to go. And the forum has really run out of steam, or else...

I used MT? By an Expert Advisor?

I foundthe Grail a few years ago, and I've been selling it to myself for a while now. Sometimes altruism strikes, I want to share, but people are too lazy to waste time and go into other people's ideas, they take everything with a twist and demand immediate proof. That is why altruism comes to an end quickly.

I'm communicating with the old-timers in the "cozy" intermeetings, no one is missing anywhere, everybody is in line. But the public forums of traders, have withered away, the way it was ten years ago will probably never happen. A pity, of course, nostalgia is terrible.

JImpro:

I found the Grail a few years ago, and I've been trading it for a while now. Sometimes altruism strikes, I want to share, but people are too lazy to waste time and go into other people's ideas, they take everything with a twist and demand immediate proof. That is why altruism comes to an end quickly.

I'm communicating with the old-timers in the "cozy" intermeetings, no one is missing anywhere, everybody is in line. But the public forums of traders, have withered away, the way it was ten years ago will probably never happen. A pity, of course, nostalgia is terrible.

How is it that you're an old timer if you registered on the forum this year. Maybe you were registered here earlier under a different nickname?

Is this the only forum for traders? I think there are more market-oriented programmers here. I just needed to study MQL, so I registered. I used to do this somehow, and now I have some ideas, which I can't trade manually, so I need an Expert Advisor. I've been in the market since 2002.

JImpro:

Is this the only forum for traders? I think there are more market-oriented programmers here. I just needed to study MQL, so I registered. I used to do this somehow, but now I have some ideas, which I can't trade manually, so I need an Expert Advisor. I've been in the market since 2002.

I've implemented a lot of programming programs for MQLQL, but also traders who know how to program and ordinary traders interact with each other. As far as I understand you have found your pattern that allows you to earn your bread and butter. Why haven't you written your EA yet?