Nostalgic for the past? - page 6

Sta2066:

VladislavVG
Thanks guys. Agree - life flies by very quickly. It feels like yesterday and I have a vision before my eyes: - standing in the kindergarten ranks (1945-46), and the teacher pours a teaspoon of cod liver oil into everyone's mouth. It seemed disgusting to us at the time, I still remember the taste sensation. That's how they took care of the younger generation back then and fought vitamin D deficiency. By the way, in spite of the war years the food in kindergarten was quite good.

BESM caught me in my 1st year of university ... iron coffin simple ... but it turned out to be quite simple... I started writing software with Z80 machine codes... there was no other way around it :)

I agree with what someone wrote on the first pages above. There was a lot of activity going on here, when automated (and manual) trading could be implemented without any apparent problems 3.5 - 4 years ago. (And the manual trading in MT4 even 3.5 - 4 years ago it was possible to implement without any obvious problems.

But since then the rat dealing (at the kind invitation of MT4 developers who gave dealers the possibility to "hardware" cheat clients) began to increase geometrically: all sorts of "5 minute rules", slippage of StopLosses at tens of ticks, supposedly "freezes" of the platform (including the "back number"), and the "dead time".Some of them are "back-dated", the worst execution of Limit orders within the gap "in the air", total cancellations of profitable deals due to fraudulent reasons ..... - I can't list everything.

All this has discouraged many serious traders from trading in MT4. And from all the support (forums, Expert Advisors, programming). Now young people are coming. But they leave quickly, because they quickly understand that they are working against the scam - "on the wrong side of the barricade"...

-----------------------------

I remember 4 years ago, Roche wrote, answering a question, that the number of original forum visitors reached 8-10 thousand (!) some days!

I ask moderators to ask forum owners how many visitors on average come to the forum every day now?

RIV:
BESM caught me in my 1st year of university ... iron coffin simple ... but it turned out to be quite simple... I started to write software with Z80 machine codes... there was no other way around it :)

At the institutes it was mostly EC-series (at our institute 1035 worked till 2000, more as an aid for illustration, so no one used it since 90s), BESM is a bit older and scarce, and students didn't have access to it as a rule.

evillive:

Institutes usually had an EC series, BESM is a bit older and much more sparse, and students did not usually have access to it.
Well, it depends on when. There were times when there were BESM, Mir, STRELA, Armenian NAIRI, and later MINSK-32, EC series. At one time I worked on maintenance of MINSK-32 and EC-1021. There was such a position proudly called "Chief of the Machine").

And I was drawn into forex by the 2008 Championship, looking at the work of advisers as if they were a miracle. Life was boiling here at the time, yes. I realised that the Championship was a kind of challenge for me. I was planning to take part in 2009, but it wasn't there. In 2010 I got 5. Currently I am working by profession (web programming, working with social networks) - stable income rules, autotrading is more like a hobby. Sometimes, when inspiration strikes, I write something for little things. I just read the forum; I have no particular desire to write.

evillive:

The EC series was usually used in the institutes (our 1035 worked until 2000, more as a visual aid, so they stopped using that computer back in the 90s), the BESM is a bit older and much smaller in number, and students did not have access to it as a rule.
Ours got into a lot of trouble with the EU series. Americans already started to switch to personal computers at that time and sold the license for the outdated technology to us. And ours were happy to get hold of it. For our level, it was advanced for its time. So we invested a lot of money in its production - we built factories. Because of that, we were hopelessly behind with the PCs. I once worked at one of such plants, the Frunze computer factory, which produced card input for the EU, onboard computers for the military, and RAM for debugging onboard machines. And now this plant produces dried fruit dryers. Production of electronic equipment has been completely phased out, equipment was partly exported to Russia during the collapse of the USSR, partly sold out by the Kyrgyz themselves, instantly replacing the Russian director with a national cadre...

evillive:

The EC series was usually used in the institutes (our 1035 worked until 2000, more as a visual aid, so they stopped using that computer back in the 90s), the BESM is a bit older and much smaller in number, and students did not have access to it as a rule.
My 1st year was 92-93 :)

khorosh:
Ours got into serious trouble with the EU series. The Americans had already started to switch to personal computers at that time and sold the license for the obsolete technology to us. And ours were happy to grab hold of it. For our level, it was advanced for its time. So we invested a lot of money in its production - we built factories. Because of that, we were hopelessly behind with the PCs. I once worked at one of such plants, the Frunze computer factory, which produced card input for the EU, onboard computers for the military, and RAM for debugging onboard machines. And now this plant produces dried fruit dryers. Production of electronic equipment has been completely phased out, equipment was partly exported to Russia during the collapse of the USSR, and partly sold off by the Kyrgyz themselves, instantly replacing the Russian director with a national cadre...

in the 80th workshop?

khorosh:
Well, it depends on when. There were times when there were BESM, Mir, STRELA, Armenian NAIRI, and later MINSK-32, EU series. At one time I worked on maintenance of Minsk-32 and EC-1021. There was such a position proudly called "Chief of the Machine").

Setun was undeservedly forgotten. It was made in Kazan, and favourably differed from the others in that it used ternary logic...