Nostalgic for the past? - page 5

evillive:

They must have learned how to program on BESM-1 ))))

Eh, spoiled youth. Try working on punched cards instead of laptops and iPads. And how about writing your thesis by hand and with the words of comrade Brezhnev about soviet electronics. You would have known our harsh life.

khorosh:

"I won't part with Komsomol, I'll be forever young!"

Yes, I turned 71 yesterday and I'm getting younger and younger. Maybe I'm falling into childhood.)

Happy birthday!

borilunad:
Congratulations! And in the other thread I was being modest, writing 65, really, like some who are still getting younger! :)

Thanks. Well, I've been hanging around here since 2006.

khorosh:

Yes, I turned 71 yesterday and I'm getting younger and younger. Maybe I'm falling into childhood.)

Holy shit. Congratulations on your birthday!

I'm still a couple of decades younger... 50, to be exact, so far.

evillive:

Probably still learning how to program on BESM-1 ))))

No, I'm not a professional programmer. I am a radio engineer by profession, I was involved in circuit engineering. Once I mastered BASIC on my own, when I was developing a hardware-software complex and had to communicate with programmers. I hadn't encountered BESM-1, but we had the Mir computer on tubes at the institute, which was of the same generation.

avtomat:

Happy birthday!
Thank you.

Mathemat:

Fucking hell. Congratulations on your birthday!

I'm still a couple of decades younger... 50, to be exact, so far.

Thank you. Eh, where are my 50 years?

avtomat:

Happy birthday!

Congratulations. I'm 57. We live and remember.

khorosh:

"I won't part with the Komsomol, I'll be forever young!"

Yes, I turned 71 yesterday, and I'm getting younger and younger.

Congratulations!

First there was the third MT, you could master it as Basic, then the fourth, then the fifth...
I think a lot of people back then had the enthusiasm to find something like that, program it and go for it.
And forums live, some die. Remember VIAC? It was buzzing with life back in the day.
Many other places are buzzing with life now, it seems to me.
And ideas... I think social trading, signals and other "freebies" are doing their job. IMHO.