How much have you earned with FOREX? - page 5

DmitriyN:
Everyone has their own arithmetic.

Said the OBHSS taking down the cash register

The problem does not have a single correct solution because the condition is incomplete.
Like this: Pinocchio was given two apples. How many are left?

Everyone has their own scoring system. Let the moderator judge us!

The condition did not specify an initial deposit. That's why I counted from 100%!

borilunad:
Everyone has their own scoring system. Let the moderator judge us!

In fact, 200% and a penny left. The crisis is over fast.

paukas:

No way. Let's do the math. He had 1,000. A year later it was 17,000, then he drained 800 American rubles.

That leaves 16200. We take 1,000 and divide by 1,000. It's 1520%.

After 1 year, he has $17 000 in his account.
Then he lost 80% => there is $3400 left. Minus the initial $1,000 => Net $2,400.
---
Had $1,000, made $2,400 => 240%.

What makes you want to go to 2nd grade...?

chief2000:

After the 1st year he has $17 000 in his account.
Then he lost 80% => 3400 $ left. Minus the initial $1000 => Net $2400.
---
Had $1,000, made $2,400 => 240%.

You and I have the same answer. Finally, I have come across correct logic! Good for you!

And the author of the problem has a completely different answer, according to his logic!

borilunad:

You and I have the same answer. Finally, I have come across correct logic! Good for you!

And the author of the problem has a completely different answer, according to his logic!

The answer is not correct. According to the problem's conditions (read carefully), there were originally two traders!

And the question does not specify which trader has the balance and on which account.

The terms of the problem are not correct:

"The task. One trader earned 1600% in one year, and lost 80% in the second year.

How much trader made in two years?"

It's Paukas that's so hot!!! :-)

Roman.:

The answer is wrong. According to the problem (read it carefully), there were originally two traders!

And the question does not specify which trader has the balance and on which account.

The terms of the problem are not correct:

"The task. One trader earned 1600% in one year, and lost 80% in the second year.

How much trader made in two years?"

Paukas is so hot!!! :-)

Initially, there were a lot of trackers at all. But they all went away because it was their destiny.

borilunad:

Задача. 
Один трейдер заработал за  один год 1600%, а за  второй [год] слил 80%.
Сколько  трейдер заработал за два года?

Roman is on fire ;-)
Our answer is still correct.