Exoteric, psychology for trading. - page 12

Rorschach:

Can you teach me?

I've written about this, I can do it again. The point is that many people expect the default indicators to show correctly. I think it is clear that the market has changed since they were created. How do I find the right parameters? - I can suggest a run through the history - or rather optimization of each indicator on the history, moreover, pre-optimization should be performed quite often. The second important thing that most indicators don't take into account the dynamics of the currency market, that strongly differs it from the stock market. Conclusion is that the sensitivity of these indicators should also change depending on the volatility. The effect of volatility fluctuations can be partially smoothed by equivolume charts. However, it is enough to consider only the price trend using, for example, ATR. I build equi volume charts using tick quotes from Ducky for historical analysis.

I am going to publish a tool for optimizing several indicators simultaneously, but you can always optimize one indicator with the help of Mr. Integera's Expert Advisor - exp_icustom.

I agree that not all indicators work. This can only be said after optimization and forward testing. As for the classic makdi, it has a good chance to produce the right signals.

Do you know the surest way to win the lottery?

DmitriyN:
More? And the interesting stuff that's already been told, can you link to it?
Yes, take any thread where he has written a lot - especially on Five.

paukas:
Do you know the surest way to win the lottery?

Not to play it?

alsu:
She's probably already had time to sleep, drink coffee and read a book)

Fifteen minutes is usually enough for me. It's better when it's a couple of times with a little break.

Avals:
not to play it?
Being an organiser.

Avals:

Not playing it?

Not playing only prevents you from losing, you can't win.

The surefire way to win is to organise a lottery.

ratnasambhava:

It's all about the very quick waste of merit to fulfil desires. There is no protection against trying to see the future. If one only spends them at great speed and does not accumulate them, one can come to a sad end unexpectedly.

Do you think the owners of the Fed have a lot of merit that they print money in the quantities they need? Do not indulge in illusions, it is not about the merits - those who can take it, and those who justify themselves with the excuse that I have little merit and stay where I am.

ratnasambhava:

It's all about wasting merit on wishful thinking very quickly there. There is no protection against trying to see the future. If one only spends them at great speed and does not accumulate them, one can come to a sad end unexpectedly.
The individual may not. But for the market?

Aleksander:
the answer is wrong :-) - already discussed, in the next thread... trade on a dime... As long as you follow the rules :-)
The main thing is to follow trading rules :-) Many traders fall into the money management trap, not seeing how many pips the system really earned - trying to revive a dead system with help of MM, which had more profitable pips than lost.