MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 59

From here:

В этом режиме у вас не будет разнонаправленных позиций, за счет чего будет отсутствовать плата за дополнительный Swap. Минусом режима является то, что в нем, как и в MetaTrader5 (на момент публикации), нельзя НАДЕЖНО реализовать учет структуры совокупной позиции, т.е. нельзя НАДЕЖНО работать сразу несколькими стратегиями, включая ручные.

Скрипт представляет интерес для "ЛокоФобов" (AntiSwap = TRUE): работа через данный скрипт полностью воспроизводит неттинг на платформе MetaTrader4.

Также скрипт показывает (AntiSwap = FALSE), что если брокер берет Margin и Swap только за совокупные позиции, то платформа MetaTrader4 является АБСОЛЮТНО неттинговой, при этом имея мощный, простой и надежный функционал виртуальных позиций.

This was written in 2009. It's been 2.5 years...

There is no virtual positions functionality in MT5, which is why it is extremely difficult to trade in MT5. With virtual positions, the logic of any strategy is extremely simplified. It has nothing to do with Loki.

TarasBY:

What interesting logic! And if you think about it in a more standard way and assume that everything that drives it is based on financial results! And any financial activity involves first of all investing before you get it. And do not forget that you need to pay a tidy sum for a new trading platform! And when will it come back with little demand for MT5???

If a kitchen is a kitchen, the cost of MT5 probably won't pay off... I agree, that's what I'm saying. ))

Integer:

Where is the humour here? There are exports to metastock, to omega. You don't have to work too hard on coding in Quicksilver, just a little bit for linking, for processing trade orders.
I used to use it. And then I started saving my own navel, especially when you consider what is metastock together with omega.

faa1947:
Please provide a link to at least one trading platform that meets your requirements. I just want to understand what you are talking about.

hrenfx:
Please provide a link to at least one trading platform that meets your requirements. I just want to understand what you are talking about.
We are persuaded that we have the most advanced MT5 and I want it to have a human output of modern mathematics appropriately documented and supported. Why is everyone here surprised?

Reshetov:

So far, Renat's only strategic mistake is that in his announcements he starts claiming that MT5 supposedly gives unlimited possibilities and that the terminal can run almost any monster-like application. However, when traders start using the platform it turns out that in fact many opportunities, including those that are extremely necessary for trading, are limited or even crude for trading. So users, of course, ask developers to remove limitations or expand functions. This is where the nastiness starts. Renat, who has previously claimed that the platform is limitless, takes a pose and says that everyone is an idiot, but he alone is smart. There is no dialogue whatsoever. In this situation, a lot of dissatisfied and disappointed people prefer to go back to MT4, where at least most of it is workable and not demanding in terms of computing resources.

Provide clear evidence - what kind of trading opportunities are limited? Not touching the locs.

No need for generalities.

faa1947:
We are persuaded that we have the most advanced MT5 and I want it to have a human output on modern maths, appropriately documented and supported. Why is everyone here surprised?

Bring evidence that there is no "human output on maths", please.

I'm sure it was just for the sake of a red word.

ps: please stand up from the "and serve me like everything before my eyes and I'll say not enough!" chair, there's a very big queue for it.

faa1947:
We are persuaded that we have the most advanced MT5 and I want it to have a human output on modern mathematics, appropriately documented and supported. Why is everyone here surprised?

What could it possibly represent? As Prival wrote here, to be able to extract the root of -1?

faa1947:
We are persuaded that we have the most advanced MT5 and I want it to have a human output on modern mathematics, appropriately documented and supported. Why is everyone here surprised?

You have been told several times that MT5 in its current form has all the capabilities of human output to modern maths. The MT5 unfortunately cannot be called advanced in any way. Uncomfortable to trade.

Renat:

Give proof that there is no "human output on maths", please.

I'm sure it was just for the sake of a red word.

Apart from the user-generated tricks I know of, I don't know anything. You are the developer, you should name the outputs to the maths.