MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 62

TarasBY:

:)))) "The MT4 market is a "wild, illiterate, MASSIVE" trader. They do not need any side effects, new platform add-ons, - he is looking for a fabulously fast enrichment - they have a family to feed!!! He needs to master MT4 to finally "flow...", what about MT5????? :)))))

There is no revolutionary driving force: THEY WANT IT, BUT THEY CANNOT! :)))

About MT4 and I won't disagree, but A is aimed at the stock market contingent.

Renat:

1. and even 500 brokers is of no importance to you, just as 1,000 will be of no interest to you in a year or two,

2. just like a couple of hundred stock brokers won't mean anything.

On the first point - yes, you are right. Because all these 500 brokers provide the same instruments, roughly the same conditions. What difference does it make to trade EURUSD with a spread of 1.9 points, at broker №131 or №499? There is no difference.

But if at least one stock broker appears, it would be a real breakthrough. A real account, fixed by a legal contract, execution at open and publicly known exchange prices, rigorous settlement by a third-party clearing house, etc. This is what I want to see in MT5.

TarasBY:
AT LAST!!! It all comes down to the MOTIVE!!! The OLD (everything gets old sooner or later) has already been paid for, and you're so eager to savor it!!! :)))
The consumer always wants something more perfect.

Nafany:
It's just that progress doesn't stand still. The consumer always wants something more perfect.
It's hard to disagree with such a fundamental thought!!!
Only "not all that glitters is gold". :)))
BUT you have a CHOICE!!! - "Saw, Shura, saw..." :)))

Renat:

Provide clear evidence - what kind of trading opportunities are limited? Not referring to locks.

No need in general words.

I didn't say we were talking about restrictions for trading only. As far as trading is concerned, MT5 seems to be OK so far, except for the absence of some exotic order types.

Just at a glance at the moment in the tester:

1. The range of input parameters for Expert Advisors is limited. It is desirable to increase the limit bit rate by at least 4 times.
  2. The number of tester passes for a full enumeration is limited inCloud Network. For 32-bit terminals, it is desirable to expand it to at least 100,000,000.
There is a ban for dll in Cloud Network. But IMHO this problem could be circumvented in a more civilized way, like in other major companies, namely to certify dlls for the Cloud, even if for a fee. Developers of shared libraries would be able to sell their dlls through the marketplace.

Lack of mechanisms for catching and processing of exceptions (Exceptions) - also greatly limits the ability to create many applications, because a force majeure situation could be foreseen and fixed in a handler, but we have to be pleased with error codes and in some cases even reduce the functions of Expert Advisors, if the force majeure is probable, but it cannot be fixed by standard means.

(About the limits of tick history saving possibilities in the terminal, I'd better not even remind you, because three people will come and rally again. IMHO - it is not necessary, but maybe these three have found a super-druper tick grail).

I am not including the limitation on the testing speed as compared to MT4 and the limitation of OpenCL support in the tester since they will be removed in future builds

Of course, there are also pleasant moments, i.e. when limitations that were present on MT4 are removed on MT5. For example, just out of the blue:

1. Number of buffers in indicators
  2. Number of trade threads
  3. Support of multitrading in the tester

TarasBY:
It's hard to disagree with such a fundamental thought!!!
Only "not all that glitters is gold". :)))
It's always a bit of a shock, but then you get used to it and think "how did I ever live without this!?"

Reshetov:

You talk about improved language and infrastructure. What do trade capacity constraints have to do with it?

Infrastructure has nothing to do with trading opportunities.

What is being advocated here is improvement of MT5, but within reasonable limits. At the moment MT5 is a complete trading platform, as it has all the functionality to trade. The tester is an extra infra-structure that might not be there like most trading platforms. Another thing is whether this tester is convenient, now that it is there? Is it convenient to trade in MT5 (instead of programming) with automatons and semi-automats?

TheXpert:
Also a crude underdevelopment. And do not remember who said that somewhere he lost a part of lots on the Champ, using this system? Didn't you?

Yes, that's when I lost it. But that was my own fault, I forgot to put in a market close check. It's funny, I lost something like 1.2 lots on EURUSD in the first week, because of restarting, and then this volume was following me for three months. I asked the organizers to reload the Expert Advisor but they refused me. Indeed, the product is crude and not simple. By the way, how many developers crash every year because of the bugs in their much easier Expert Advisors, while I managed to develop a working solution without debugging (no debugging at that time) and without testing in real time (no time left for that), even though it had some bugs. It worked for 3 months without any blow.

Now I have come to a conclusion that if I want to develop multitrading, I cannot do without SQL (relevant to the point that MT5 environment is not enough for complex tasks). Expert Advisor instance tables have to be stored somewhere. I am convinced that this complex could be improved to a state, where all the technical processes would be hidden from the average user and it would work in multilayer mode just like in usual one.

Integer:

As Prival wrote here, to be able to extract the root of -1?

What has Prival got to do with it? The useless ban was removed under Euler.

Nafany:
It's just that progress doesn't stand still. The consumer always wants something better.

This shows a simple ignorance of the real state of affairs, i.e. the motivation of the software business.

The MT4 user, on the other hand, is happy with everything. He is begging, pleading, leave us the 4, even if there is no further support.

And they start putting a funnel into his mouth and pouring a "new product" by force, saying "eat it, dear, the new product is much more useful for you".