MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 75

MetaDriver:

What else is the point?

No one will use forcibly all features of MT5 (of which there are much more).

You can write simple MT4-style systems (adjusting the syntax of trades and getting data from indicators). Easy.

What else is the matter?

It's a lot of things. One thing you can't say. On the whole the system is clumsy and monster-like.

You can understand it, but it is too much effort to do it, and not everyone is able to do it.

Nowadays, any software tends to simplify things. And here is a monster, one look at the doc and all desire vanishes.

OnGoing:

A lot of things. There's one thing you can't say. On the whole, the system is clumsy and monstrous.

You can figure it out, but it's a lot of effort, and not everyone can do it.

These are bad arguments, Igor. Be more specific, nobody will accept such a complaint, let alone Service Desk.

The trend in any software is now the opposite towards simplification.

Yeah, especially VS(Visual Studio), for instance. Every time it becomes simpler and simpler, blonds will soon be writing applications in it. And men don't know...

Mathemat:

That's a bad argument, Igor. Let's be more specific, no one will accept such a complaint, let alone Service Desk.

Alexei, the whole branch has been covered in red ink. No one wanted to listen.

Is there any point in repeating it?

OnGoing: Alexei, there was red ink written all over the branch. Nobody wanted to listen.
What do you mean nobody? And Renat was here.

I know what the main complaint was: netting, which ruined the old order book.

That? What's the other complaint?

Personally, I don't like everything about trading. Syntax + execution. The former is overcomplicated, the latter is clumsy.

OnGoing:
Personally, I don't like anything about trading. Syntax + execution. The former is overcomplicated, the latter is clumsy.

You're just too lazy to learn. )))

I learned MQL4 in a month at first. It was my first programming language at the time. I studied it and immediately wrote a program. When I faced the limitations I realized that it was out of date. In MT5 I still cannot reach any limitations in realization of my ideas for 9 months. I started studying MQL5 about 2 months before the Championship. I barely had enough time, I really wanted to at least participate. Well, at least the multicurrency Expert Advisor worked without a single error. In addition to MQL4/5 I've learned 7 other programming languages.

In short, anyone who needs it will study it. I'm not saying it was easy. It was difficult. But this is the only way of evolution. Otherwise we would still be sitting on trees! Or even floating in broth, like shoe infusoria. )))

MetaDriver:

Renat, I still can.

If I were you (MetaKvotov), I would implement CCA orders... And I would leave it up to the broker's discretion. If it wants - include it in its services, if it doesn't want - don't include.

Even if you only make one CCA pair (Stop+Limit)...

1. The library of functions which maps the order system of MT4 to the order-position system of MT5 will appear in the kodobase next week.

2. Not a single argument even in the imaginary favour of MT4 vs MT5 will be left for the locals.

And it will be up to the broker to decide whether to create a CCA or not. - Your business is to implement the functionality (and carefully warn the broker of the consequences), and brokers should worry about server overloads.

I personally don't need CCA so far, I don't have strategies without it. My benefit is indirect and it is in another way - the introduction of the platform will accelerate. And that's exactly what I'm sure of.

And here's a direct business benefit for you. It doesn't matter if you think CCA orders are meaningless or not - they are in high demand. It's silly to pass them by.

// I'm not humble at all. Take my example. I look at all sorts of Andrews Forks and other Gunn Rakes, and I think: "What an idiot people are..."

// And then I meekly realize: "Why am I...? Maybe there is something in this idiocy, even if I don't understand it at all...".

And you can assume that people have reason... even if it's glitchy. The main thing is that they're willing to pay for them. Real deposits for the spread.

So let them do it. As long as they don't complain about the platform... No one will force them to use CCA.

Hyper-responsibility (in your case, excessive concern for suckers) is also hubris. Think about it at your leisure.

You are trying (systematically!) to prevent people from making mistakes. And people need mistakes. For learning. And they need a terminal where they can make them.

As for spamming the servers with unnecessary requests - it is NOT YOUR problem either. Warn the brokers about the possible consequences of turning on the CCA - and let them have a headache.

Simple, saved.

tol64:

You're just too lazy to learn. )))

As I said before, the right direction of development is simplification.

And I'm not talking now about the limitations of 4. The same elementary operations should not only not get more complicated, but even simpler from release to release.

And if I have to spend more effort for an equivalent task, that cannot be called an advantage, and naturally, I will lean towards the simpler path.

OnGoing:

As I said before, the right direction of development is simplification.

And I'm not talking now about the limitations of 4. The same elementary operations should not only not be more complicated, but even simpler from release to release.

And if I have to spend more effort for an equivalent task, that cannot be called an advantage, and naturally, I will lean towards the simpler path.

There are no right directions for development. Centrifugal force rests :)