FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 5: July 2011) - page 177

The EUR seems to be persistently trying to break through 1.409 and still not doing so. The forum is quiet today. Is everyone waiting for Tuesday and Thursday?

what happens on Tuesday and Thursday?

Yeah, put another buy on the Aussie. The euras is going all elk today!

DragonSL:

Thanks for the vote info.

I've basically escaped to safe haven -- gold -- and am enjoying myself, long ago in b.u.

Gold is a safe haven? Although, on the whole, such steady growth...

ZZZEROXXX:

what happens on Tuesday and Thursday?

I think we will see the 1.4450 level in the near future.

(that's it, off to bed)

Tuesday, July 19

*05.30 Moscow timeframe. - Australia: Minutes from the RBA's July monetary policy meeting
*05.30 Moscow time. - Japan: May revised average payrolls (prior period: +1.1% y/y)
Japan: June shop sales (previously: +1.1% y/y) *09.30 Moscow time - Japan: June, shop sales (prior period: -2.4% y/y)
13.00 Moscow time. - Germany: July ZEW Economic Sentiment Index (Forecast: -12.3; Preliminary: -9.0)
13.00 Moscow time. - Germany: July, ZEW Index of Current Conditions (Forecast: 85.0; Previous Period: 87.6)
13.00 Moscow time zone. - E-17: July ZEW Economic Sentiment Index (previously forecast: -5.9)
13.00 Moscow time zone. - E-17: May Construction Sector Output (Preliminary: +0.7%)
15.45 Moscow timeframe. - US: ICSC-Goldman shop sales for the week of July 16 (prior period: +0.4% n/a, +5.5% y/y)
16.30 Moscow timeframe. - US: June housing starts (Forecast: 600K; Preliminary: 560K)
16.30 Moscow time. - US: June, building permits (Forecast: 575K; Previous Period: 609K)
16.30 Moscow timeframe. - Canada: June, Leading Indicator (Previous Period: +1.0%)
16.55 Moscow timeframe. - US: Redbook Average Sales Index for the week of July 16
17.00 Moscow time. - Canada: Bank of Canada rate decision (forecast: 1.00%; prior period: 1.0%)

Dimka-novitsek:

Is gold a safe haven? Although, on the whole, such steady growth...

Did Moody's downgrade gold too ? )))

Dollar/Franc 19.07.(last drop - like a rubber band stretched) Can't keep all the dough in one currency is about the franc. Target remains the same at 0.8950 (longer road)

Tantrik:

Dollar/lb 19.07.(last drop - like a rubber band pulled) Can't keep all the dough in one currency it's about the pound. Target remains the same at 0.8950 (longer road)

So the Swiss franc seems to be on the chart. Or am I missing something?

New Zealander 19.07 at least.