FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 5: July 2011) - page 181

>I'm counting on basic blue for now.

Well, I'm looking at the M30.

I think so. And then we'll see =)

Noterday:

nice, sps, no option to go down next week but go up closer to august 2 to the 1.45 - 1.50 area ?

IgorM:
nice, thanks, is there no option to go down next week but go up closer to Aug 2 to the 1.45 - 1.50 area ?

That's what the red version on the previous page seems to show =)

https://c.mql4.com/forum/2011/07/H4_18_2_s_.jpg

EUR/USD is experiencing a conflict of interest: on the one hand, US housing market data has been unexpectedly strong, causing a resurgence of risk appetite. However, at the same time the media quoted German FDP MP Frank Schaeffler as saying that Greece should leave the Eurozone.

According to Reuters news agency, European authorities see three possible options for private investors to participate in a second funding programme for Greece. These options can be ranked according to the reduction of the country's default risk:

1) A buy-back of Greek debt and maintenance of credit quality by the public sector. In this case Greece's credit rating is likely to be downgraded to "selective default" or "default".

2) Debt refinancing, which does not include public sector credit enhancement as proposed by the French banks. The likely outcome is "selective default".

3) Taxation of the financial sector or a decentralised arrangement with private banks, especially Greek banks, in whose assets Greek debt accounts for a significant proportion. In such a development, the likelihood of a downgrade of the country to default is significantly lower.

sammi61:

Do you think EURNZD can be bought on the market
not looking at this pair (new zealand broke out of the channel)

margaret:
EUR/USD is experiencing a conflict of interest: on the one hand, US housing market data has been unexpectedly strong, causing a resurgence of risk appetite. However at the same time the media quotes German FDP representative Frank Schaeffler as saying that Greece should leave the Eurozone.
I especially like the one about the FDP spokesman. The party is nothing, although it is in the government coalition. But it won't be for long. In the next election, they will fly like plywood over Paris. So far they only poll 3-4% of Germans, up from (if memory serves) 12%-15% in the September 2009 elections, when they won big surprise votes on the promise of tax cuts. Afterwards they did get a tax cut for hotels, while getting a significant amount of campaign money from the industry. A statement from a politician of this party on a European scale is tantamount to saying that a bag of rice has fallen in China. It would be a different matter if Merkel had said it.

s_aullma: Merkel said.
Merkel: debt problems cannot be fully resolved during Thursday's summit

- A controlled, manageable process needs to be set in motion
- There are no simple and spectacular solutions to the European crisis

The euro did not like this statement from Merkel, as if preparing the markets for the fact that spectacular steps are not to be expected, and it weakened by 25 bps to $1.4160