Searching for market patterns - page 7

Tantrik:
post deleted.
Again?

paukas:
Again?

They're leaking, and when they do they're angry. Gone.

I just can't get my head around it. Why is it that every thread that yosuf starts gets an unhealthy amount of flub. No offense, topisstarter. But it's a fact. But the most annoying thing is that after a couple dozen pages it all ends, and it turns out that in the end the thread about nothing. It's a mystery. The telepath club will probably only save us from an invasion of red triangles.

Oops. Here's another branch. I suggest we rename the branch to MARKET PROPERTIES. You can't find a more appropriate name. WANT TO DISCUSS?

sayfuji:
I just can't get my head around it. Why is it that every thread that yosuf starts gets an unhealthy amount of flub. No offense, topisstarter. But it's a fact. But the most annoying thing is that after a couple dozen pages it all ends, and it turns out that in the end the thread about nothing. It's a mystery. The telepath club will probably only save us from an invasion of red triangles.
We should try to talk only on the topic of the branch and there will be less flooding. So far, they don't want to post the identified patterns here, and it would be interesting to discuss even hints of any patterns identified by the participants.

AlexeyFX:

Mainly by the quality of separating the regular and random components. Generally I don't know much about the application of regression to forex and I don't know how exactly you propose to use it, so it's hard to give a normal answer.

Randomness as you understand it (judging from the text) is an unrecognized pattern. This is fine, quite in line with the philosophical definition, but makes absolutely meaningless the application of probability theory and statistics for further analysis of the question. Accordingly, the very division of patterns into learned and unlearned also makes no sense.

imho, running in place.

FOReignEXchange:
Oops. Here's another branch. I suggest we rename the branch to MARKET PROPERTIES. You can't find a more appropriate name. WANT TO DISCUSS?
What is the difference between MARKET PROPERTIES and pattern finding?

tara:

Randomness as you understand it (judging from the text) is an unknowable pattern. This is fine, quite consistent with the philosophical definition, but makes absolutely meaningless the application of probability theory and statistics to further analysis of the question. Accordingly, the very division of patterns into learned and unlearned also makes no sense.

imho, running in place.

Very close to Marx's definition: "Randomness is a manifestation of necessity", which can be paraphrased as randomness is a manifestation of an unrecognised or undiscovered regularity.

yosuf:
Very close to Marx's definition: "Randomness is a manifestation of necessity", which can be paraphrased as randomness is a manifestation of an unidentified or undiscovered pattern.

Old Marx was excessively pragmatic, I told him so often :)

yosuf:
What is the difference between MARKET PROPERTY and looking for patterns?

Nothing, but there is a slight (or big) difference. A property is a broader concept. For example. There is such a thing as a property.

Any trend is correctable, a property which is indisputable. But by no means a pattern, as lawmaking presupposes accurate data.