Strategic foresight systems - page 21

The error is (high+low)/2

FreeLance:

You don't use TA either...

;)

I stopped using TA a long time ago, TA is the "greatest" nonsense given to man by himself as a gift. Only "we must fear those who bring gifts..."

and the revelations

if only ... unfortunately, no matter how much I listen, I can't hear revelations yet... :о(

I try to believe in what I hear clearly - common sense :o)

Farnsworth:

Only "we must fear those who bring gifts..."

Be afraid of those who bring you gifts... (с)

In this TS there was its own evaluation of the quality of the forecast for different instruments. only the major currency pairs without crosses were analysed.

FAGOTT:

Beware of those who bring gifts... (с)
I put inverted commas there, like (c) in my interpretation :o)

Farnsworth:

I stopped using TA a long time ago, TA is the "greatest" nonsense given to man by himself as a gift. Only "we should be afraid of those who bring gifts..."

if only ... unfortunately, no matter how much I listen, I can't hear the revelations yet... :о(

I try to believe in what I hear clearly - common sense :o)

Any prediction is an attempt to understand the intent.

Or to see the obvious.

The former, is sinful as far as I'm concerned. Pride farts...

The second is legitimate.

TA exploits the obvious, and not always legitimately.

But I don't want to get into a cyclical discussion, nevertheless, any conclusion based on past price data (WITHOUT the HIPOTES or FACTS from other sources) is naked TA.

As much as I hate to be naked - but fact...

;)

FreeLance:

Any prediction is an attempt to understand design.

Or to see the obvious.

The former, sinful as it seems to me. Pride farts...

The second is legitimate.

TA exploits the obvious, and not always legitimately.

But I don't want to get into a cyclical discussion, and yet any conclusion based on past price data (WITHOUT the HIPOTES or FACTS from other sources) is naked TA.

As much as I hate to be naked - but fact...

;)

We're floundering in a thread, but man, a question has come up - regression models, neural networks, probabilistic models are all TA according to you? There's past price data everywhere and no other sources

FAGOTT:

We're floundering in a thread, but man, a question has come up - regression models, neural networks, probability models are all TAs according to you? There's past price data everywhere and no other sources

The TA is known to be...

;)

Please give us a definition of TA and we'll get back on track.

because the FA appeals to a different info-base...

;)

So all forecasting methods, as soon as they start analysing the price of a financial asset, automatically become TA? Right? Theoretical beliefs, mathematical statistics etc. - If the price is analysed, then it is TA?