Conversation with a trader - page 32

Mischek:

I see. How do they agree on a price at a particular moment, I think you mentioned 500 ticks per second, what is the mechanism?
sharp changes in rates from one bank to another

PapaYozh:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Said "good", especially since you didn't say anything about drawdowns.

So, you got 1 point of profit, and the price went up to 100 points and you think "I am a GREAT trader, I got a guaranteed profit". And the next day you got 1 point. And then you got the loss by 100 points. And so you spend 100 days compensating for the loss after each point and think: "How cool am I, after all! And then...

Well, I hope I explained it well.

I didn't just focus on the word "guaranteed" for nothing.

sllawa3:
sharp fluctuations in exchange rates from one bank to another

And if it is not bid and ask, what does this sharply changing number mean ? let's say we stopped the time and we see 1.25942, what does it mean ?

Mischek:

And if it's not bid and ask, what does this sharply changing number mean ? let's say we stopped time and we see 1.25942, what does it mean ?
course ... the price of exchanging one currency for another.

sllawa3: including martin...
Slava, is your strategy for real money based on martin?

sllawa3:
course... the price of exchanging one currency for another
If you are a bank and I am a bank and you have a higher exchange rate than I do, I will immediately sell to you and if less, I will buy.

sllawa3:
course... the price of exchanging one currency for another

what is the exchange price ? Anyone who participates in this "interbank interchange" can exchange at this rate ?

Richie:
Slava, is your strategy for the real world based on martin?

Why do you smell of onions again?

Almost every day.

Richie:
Slava, is your strategy for the real world based on martin?
I have quite a few different strategies that I use on the real... at my own risk... Unfortunately, whatever you invent, sooner or later the market will change and it stops working... I don't use pure martin, but I often increase the lot as I described above...

sllawa3:
If you are a bank and I am a bank and you have a higher figure than I do, I will immediately sell to you and if less, I will buy.

What do you mean you have a number, I have a number? Where do you see these numbers?