Can it be? - page 49

you just have to make sure that the "sane" one doesn't run away on his own...

Mischek: When ? on Thursday ?

Wait for a while. Let's deal with the strategy first. How to deal with lock you have not understood, I too, frankly speaking, broke my head over it and came to the conclusion that it is not there at all. I'd like to come back later, but for now about that:

Let's take apart the simplest indicator from this page and the system based on it.

Quote:

My "BullBreath" indicator simply counts how many bars of the last ten have drawn positively. If there are more than 8, it means that the cycle top must be nearby. Otherwise, if this indicator shows a value between zero and three, the cycle low is nearby. The EA works well, but other rules need to be introduced as the markets are moving more erratically. So I will have to go through many more charts and different timeframes to see when it works and when it doesn't........

-

-

I purposely chose the simplest system and the simplest indicator, which any of you can easily write in 5 minutes.

Question: can a system based on this indicator be profitable?

Richie:

Hold on for now. Let's deal with the strategy first. You haven't figured out how to break the lock, I too have honestly racked my brains over it and come to the conclusion that it's not there at all.

We'll figure it out...

Richie:

You haven't figured out how to break the lock.

You're the one who hasn't figured it out. We sorted it out a long time ago and successfully solved it with the OrderCloseBy() function.

Richie:

Question: Can a system based on this indicator be profitable?

And who forbids it to make a profit? Any adequate system with a rigid algorithm and settings can make a profit in some areas and lose money in others.

Reshetov: You're the one who hasn't figured it out. We figured it out a long time ago, and we have successfully solved it with OrderCloseBy().

I appreciate your humor. Seriously, I would very much like not to look where there is nothing. It takes a lot of effort and time. I mean the system.

sever30:

Let's see...

Have you, Richie, sorted it out?

sever30: Have you, Richie, figured it out?
No.

Richie:
No.

Then why do you think we don't?

sever30:

Then why do you think we don't?
Are you referring to the lokas? (The crowning lokas are especially beautiful at sunset...)

Tantrik:
Profits are saved by locking in - closing the position. If the direction is promising, on a pullback greater than the spread, you can enter in the same direction again.

There is no condition for the position to be "promising". Imagine that there is no spread.