Can it be? - page 4

Tantrik:
Pair trading.

what is it?

Richie:

It's not there and it's not in the list of running processes either. I'll probably have to restore the system from the image. Since I can't remember my forum password, this is goodbye to everyone :)

Well, miracles never happen. Check in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data for all users,

Use Process Explorer, there is a link here somewhere https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/116261

sever30:

what is it?
Two profitable TS from different traders when combined will give + (just kidding...)

Richie:

...I apologise for posting off-topic in my thread, but here's a local question: I've started to get this nasty thing popping up:

This program has long since been deleted (a couple of months ago), but the window is now popping up and I can't kill it in any way. Rebooting doesn't help.

Clearing registry with Reg Organizer doesn't help either. Program folder is long gone...

Regseeker

try it.

sever30:

What is it?

I don't know what he meant when he commented on my TS (by the way, maybe he was right - I'm not familiar with the term), but my TS works like this: down by a certain number of points - buy, up - sell. Whenever a position is opened, the countdown is reset. Exit - by total profit. For a flat market it is amazing. But I did not like this system, it was a complete failure in good trends. Let's move on.

Richie:

Wandering around the Internet, you often come across traders of "articles". Yesterday I came across one of these sites, with the following content (highlighted in blue):

A question for reflection: can it be?

I don't want to discuss the identity of the site's author or the site itself. I ask you to avoid rudeness, advertising and surnames. I am interested in the question in terms of the possibility of long-term existence of such a system and its programming. As far as I understand, the whole "secret" is pending orders. However, I personally do not see any particular advantages of pending orders. I am interested in public opinion.

ONE VERSION OF AN AVALANCHE

sever30:

Of course, of course, it's counter-trend

There are flattened TS, there are counter-trend TS and the latest noy hay is a trend stop!

(works both ways - minimum risk) - that's the answer - maybe.

Tantrik:
There are flat-out TCs, there are counter and trend TCs and the latest noy hay is a trend stop!

What is the difference between flat and counter-trend TS? In my opinion it is the same.