Does the Grail exist? - page 106

Andrei01 >>:
Ну дык и я про то. :)) Просто уж слишком много развелось математиков, которые не могут её пользоваться и применять на практике... Ну а свою гипотезу почему это так я уже изложил... Вроде контраргументов пока не представлено к рассмотрению...

buy cheaper, sell more expensive... It's elementary mathematics in practice... You're getting carried away...

If some processes are not described by exact mathematical methods, it means that man, not science, has not figured out how to put it into practice....

Andrei01 >>:

назовите хотя бы одного кто может :))

Я

Andrei01, Are you a mathematician?

Andrei01 >>:

2. Не будем лукавить - если расматривать математику как точную науку то и интерпритация её должна быть в той же мере точной. А иначе в чем же её точность если её никто не может правильно понять и интерпретировать? Именно это я и пытался сказать.

It makes sense. But the interpretation is often wrong - and it cannot be accurate, as you claim. Once again, to finish with the equilibrium: interpretation is beyond mathematics, it requires reason. Do you know about the positive correlation between heroin consumption (alcohol, cigarettes, etc.) and the standard of living of the population? And the reason for that conclusion is misinterpretation.
I am not talking about conclusions based on unrepresentative statistics. About the incorrect use of statistical categories by professionals who are far from the mathematics itself (doctors, say) I am not talking about. Not all of them understand when to use median estimates and when they are not necessary.

paukas писал(а) >>

There is, for example, a terrifyingly powerful neural net in my head. But who can use it and who can't. :)

Yes apply and go to the mental world, and become saints (enlightened) and create a luminous immortal body and go with the physical body without remainder. The last Lama in Tibet in 1987? (I don't remember exactly where I read it) also left. And while alive they can answer any question.

Mathemat >>:

Ну Вы ж знаете разницу между статистикой в понимании домохозяйки и матстатистикой. И зачем тут эквилибристикой занимаетесь?

Mm-hmm. And nerd science isn't science either. If you've seen nerds, you'll understand that.
What the author wants to achieve, mixing the concept and its everyday use as a derogatory synonym - is unclear. It's obvious to everyone - we're talking about different things.

))) A famous economist told me a story. At a seminar, a blonde came up to him and began to explain that he had calculated the wrong forecast. Of course, he asked her about the methods of forecasting, mathematical models and other things. She fluttered her eyelashes and said:

- How should I know! There's a function in Excel - that's what I used. If you're interested in the method, read the Help.

And she's gone. All white.

I'm reading again and nothing good is being said like grannies on a bench with nothing to say. Why cannot we just discuss a good strategy? If there is one!

leman писал(а) >>

>> Are you a mathematician?

What is your definition of "mathematician"?
- a person with a relevant diploma?
- a member of the Russian Academy of Sciences?
Yes, any mathematics teacher is a mathematician who applies mathematics in practice.

PapaYozh >>:

а что в Вашем понятие "математик"?
- человек с соответствующим дипломом?
- член РАН?
Да любой учитель математики - математик, применяющий математику на практике.

Someone who has studied the subject from A to Z?

paukas >>:

Ну, это будет нескромно .... :)))

:))) Well, if there is one who can do it, it should be celebrated urgently... And of course, the Nobel Prize should be awarded with a hanging of the mathematical genius on the wall of honour :))

But seriously, can you claim that there is a mathematical formula that describes all the laws of Forex?