Does the Grail exist? - page 50

Mischek >>:

Дак .. в Ялту

There the Netreboveteran has been zig-zagging everything...

;)

goldtrader писал(а) >>

Peter, sorry to barge in, but I would classify it this way:
- what can be drawn on a graph on a sheet of paper with a pencil (without using mathematics) are NOT INDICATORS,
- what can only be drawn on PC using mathematics is INDICATORS.
There are two approaches: for a trader harami cross, morning star or support/resistance line are not indicators, and for an encoder they are indicators. :)
So I guess.

You can probably divide the indicators according to the dimensionality of the data output. The minimum dimensionality is 1 bit (2 values). Boolean logic results can also be considered as an indicator of this dimensionality. All indicators of higher dimensionality are intermediate and require subsequent application of binary (the same Boolean logic). Although the system can give not only the buy/sell signals, but also their relative power, which is used to select the lot. Then the "final" indicator is not a binary one.
But then any logical, mathematical operation can be called an indicator.

My advice to a beginner: I have recently programmed some reversal candlestick patterns, tested in the tester on 30-minute charts, optimizing parameters for the period of February-April 2010, I think I got a good profit. As soon as I ran the system on 2009 data, my $1000 deposit was wiped out the first month. Please advise how often and at what point I should optimize the parameters, even if they were relevant for some time in the future and the system made profit with them? I.e. are there any different techniques for optimizing the system parameters? And in general, whether there is a time-tested system, where there was no need to optimize the parameters? In general, is it REALLY possible to stably earn by using automatic trading?

Avals >>:
можно наверное индикаторы разделить по размерности выдаваемых данных. Минимальная размерность 1 бит (2 значения). Результаты булевой логики тоже можно считать индикатором этой размерности. Все индикаторы большей размерности - промежуточные и требуют последующего применения бинарных (той же булевой логики). Хотя система может давать нетолько сигналы на покупку/продажу, но еще и их относительную силу, что используется для выбора лота. Тогда "конечный" индикатор не бинарный
Но тогда любую логическую, математическую операцию можно назвать индикатором.

That's short and to the point. And so some gentlemen don't understand and keep saying that indicators are unnecessary.

And also people a question: how do I open a trade at the last price (closing) of the current bar?

LeoV >>:

Некоторые уезжают на Канарские острова ))))

Why are they so drawn to heat?
It's a trend.

matematic >>:

А еще люди вопрос: как открыть сделку на последней цене (закрытия) текущего бара?

maybe it's easier on the first price of the next

FantasYGold, your current drawdown is 30%! You have to do something, my advice to you: open a couple more positions, and with a big lot, otherwise it will take you a long time to come out of the drawdown, because the total lot at the moment you have only 10 lots.

matematic >>:

Люди подскажите начинающему: недавно запрограммировал несколько свечных моделей разворота, протестировал в тестере на 30-минутных графиках, оптимизируя параметры за период февраль-апрель 2010 -вроде неплохая прибыль получилась. Стоило запустить систему на данных 2009 года - в первый же месяц мой 1000$-вый депозит был слит. Подскажите как часто и в какой момент надо оптимизировать параметры они хотя бы на некоторое время в будущем были актуальны и система по ним прибыль приносила? И вообще есть ли какие-нибудь техники по оптимизации парметров систем? И вообще есть ли системы проверенные временем, где не нужно было бы параметры оптимизировать? И вообще РЕАЛЬНО ли с помощью автоматической торговли стабильно зарабатывать?

Ask Alexey at https://www.mql5.com/ru/users/mathemat
He has lots of links to articles on optimisation, if I'm not mistaken

Mischek, thank you very much for introducing me to your brother :)
Matematic (very nice, by the way), the techniques are there. The most famous one published is Pardo's book. Here is my thread about this book: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/104393

I won't answer the last questions, they are too insidious.