Unprofitable trades 0!!!!!! - page 7

granit77 >> :

I do, I do. So far it's going well, as the man said, flying past the 12th floor.

I wrote this post without having seen the code yet, so stochastic is a guess (useful by the way).

Understand, I'm not criticizing your code, I just stand by my opinion that this strategy will become full-fledged after adding trend analysis system to it.

I wonder what KimIV thinks on this subject ?

Well I'm not an imbecile, so I've clearly increased the stochastic.

Man, my code won't fit...

KimIV >> :

Of course, and you should. I'm sure it is possible to build a trading system based on the skew you mentioned.

I can even suggest that martingale could be effective.

Indra66 писал(а) >>

I can even suggest that martingale might be effective.

nothing like that, a martin will only help on short spikes, which this EA. will overcome anyway. but a no-trend will kill it even faster.....

granit77 писал(а) >>
I wonder what KimIV thinks about this?

Nothing so far... I might start thinking about something, but not before:

1. I'd run the system from 2001 to the summer of 2008.

2. Selectively checked tester and demo deals.

KimIV >> :

Nothing so far... I might start thinking about something, but not before:

1. I'd run the system from 2001 to the summer of 2008.

2. Selectively checked tester and demo deals.

Well what if this expert needs weekly optimisation, or even a 3 day optimisation? How then? If an EA optimised for the present does not work in the past?

Hoper23 писал(а) >>

What if this expert needs to be optimised on a weekly basis, or even 3 days? How then? If an EA optimised for the present does not work in the past?

There was one guy on the Alpari forum. He was showing his monthly optimization results. I would give the invest password on my account. He even found investors. I kept an eye on the account for a while. Then all the funds were withdrawn. The man has not been on the forum since then.

If you have a desire, I can keep an eye on you :-)

KimIV >> :

1. Run the system from 2001 to the summer of 2008.

2. Selectively check the tester and demo deals.

- In a similar system from 2006 to 2008 about once a year margincoll.

- The tester is wrong, but for the worse. The demo has less number of entries, the rest are the same.

But I was wondering if you, Igor, have any idea how to save a deposit in a prolonged trend.

Yes, good question, and how do you reduce the drawdown? I ran my system on the demo, just like in the tester - 76% drawdown. As for the profit, it is the same as in the demo - everything is plus, but the drawdown is 76%. How can I predict the trend if stochastic on a long level says BUY, but it's going down...

Hoper23 >> :
How am I supposed to anticipate a trend if stochastic on a long level says BUY and it's down...

No way! Extremum-guessing always occurs before a trend change, that's the problem.