Crisis: Don't we care? - page 68

Yurixx >> :

I have a precedent by which I can judge. My cousin went to the USA 20 years ago. He didn't see anything good there during that time. And to this day he continues to struggle to exist.

I, too, have a precedent by which I can judge. Sergey Brin, 74, born in Moscow. Founder and owner of Google, capitalized at a staggering amount of billions.

Changing your place of residence doesn't change much. If you're a loser in your home country, you'll still be a loser in the U.S. America gives you a chance, but it doesn't guarantee anything. It's up to the individual to take advantage of the opportunity.

Yurixx >> :

However, all the reasoning voiced here on the forum is all baby talk. Forgive me, guys, I don't want to offend anyone. The question is more than serious, and to argue about it at the level of "one genius idea to solve everything quickly" I think is simply not worth it.

I agree

<strong><span style="" color:="" rgb(66,="" 99,="" 156);="" font-family:="" tahoma,="" verdana,="" arial,="" helvetica,="" sans-serif;="" font-size:="" 1em;="">Yurixx wrote(a) >>

The gathering in Davos was also eager to hear the solution. And? Only loud phrases and empty appeals. And no one (!!!) could offer anything (!!!) sensible. That is why the entire result of that gathering was pessimism and depression.

It is debatable. No one expected any ideas from Davos, which is why none of the big shots went there.

<strong><span style="" color:="" rgb(66,="" 99,="" 156);="" font-family:="" tahoma,="" verdana,="" arial,="" helvetica,="" sans-serif;="" font-size:="" 1em;="">Yurixx wrote(a) >>

And why? Because all those who claim to know the recipe are unable to go beyond the standard scheme of thinking. The very scheme that has been imposed during the last decades of implementing the American model of financial and economic system. The very scheme that all sorts of Nobel Prize winners, developers of mathematical models of famous derivatives, have developed and justified ...

I agree. A lot of very clever people have been working...

... justifying that a crisis is impossible. The very scheme that led to this crisis.

Now you're just making that up. Nobody ever said that. Crisis is a natural and necessary attribute of economic development. It is not pleasant, but it is inevitable. There have been and there will be crises. America has lived through many crises, learning from each one. And those lessons have helped to minimize the past crises.

The trick - and some here have realised this - is that the world will not be the same as it was before the crisis. There is no going back to the American model, which is still alive but already in decline. And no one has been able to propose a new paradigm of financial and economic order yet. Probably because all efforts are focused on getting back to the old one.

Who got it? Troikers, who do not even know the basics of economics, and losers, who have constant "difficulties with the deposit", against Nobel laureates. Battle of the titans!

"If you're so smart, why are you so poor?"

the reasoning about davos is totalitarian, as if something has to be thought there.
in fact, davos has very different objectives: to "show ourselves and to look at others",
in modern parlance, to orientate, to "spot the field"
and just to be clear about davos.
they look at others and work out their own subconsciousness for their own decision:
what to do: soap/spice drying or continuing the banquet.

timbo писал(а) >>

It is a moot point. No one was expecting any ideas from Davos, which is why none of the bigwigs went there.

On the contrary. This year there was a record number of visitors, very, very well known in business and political circles. And if you had listened to what they were talking about (not in the corridors of course, neither of us know about that). And about ideas, too, it is too bold a statement. Why don't you tell us where you got that specific information: no one and no one at all?

I agree. A lot of very clever people have been working...

The problem isn't that they're smart, it's that they're interested. It's also clear who and what interested them. Would you argue that this is pure science, free creativity ? Alas, it is capitalism, which sets specific tasks, throws a lot of money, the best intellectual forces at it and gets the right (!) solution. Whatever it takes. It happens in technology too (thanks for the computer technology), in biology and medicine (and then there's no telling where the freaks will go after these drugs. ah yes, socially adapt), and in economics. Don't forget - these are just mathematical models. None of them have or could ever prove that they correspond to reality. And now you don't have to, it's become clear on its own. :-)

Now that's something you've made up yourself. Nobody has ever said that. The crisis is a natural and necessary attribute of economic development. It is unpleasant, but unavoidable. There have been and there will be crises. America has lived through many crises, learning from each one. Those lessons have helped to minimise past crises.

No, you're wrong. One of these Nobel laureates got his prize precisely for proving that a crisis in that very financial and economic model is impossible. I can't remember which one, it doesn't matter to me. If you want to know, surf the net, you'll find it.

And how do you know that crisis is inevitable? And why is it inevitable, is there something wrong with it? What? And by the way, America has been through more crises than you think. And it hasn't learned anything. You know why? Because crisis is inevitable. :-)))

Who gets it? Trojans who don't even know the basics of economics, and losers who have constant "deposit difficulties", versus Nobel laureates. Battle of the titans!

"If you're so smart, why are you so poor?"

He who understands, he understands. I don't think you should get into the position of a judge or a teacher here, who has the right to hand out grades. Laureates are certainly serious men, but if you want to fall on your knees before them and pray for them, that's your own right. Don't turn it into dogma that applies to everyone. Especially those who prefer to rely on their own intellectual capabilities and their own opinions.

And as for the smart-poor, when did you manage to count my wealth? Or are you talking about yourself? Well, it doesn't matter. You didn't seem to be prone to vulgarity before. If you've ever said anything, you've been very understanding, albeit a little rude. But now, when it came to America, you started with a kind of sweet sour cream. And now the vulgarity.

Maybe you really are in America.

Figar0 писал(а) >>

Well, we are the same contingent unencumbered by standard thinking schemes. If experts throw up their hands, it is time for dilettantes to get down to business) I hope that there is a way out...

It is not enough to be a dilettante to see the way out. Amateurism, that is superficiality, borders on ignorance, which is a bad basis for creativity. A professionalism that has blocked, slammed human thinking with, say, standard schemes is too much. Such a professional has clearly overdone it, and thereby also deprived himself to some extent of his creativity. The optimum is somewhere in between. As always, the truth lies in the middle.

And there is a way out, no doubt about it. The problem, however, is whether the top brass are capable of realising it and, more importantly, of realising it. Money, power and fame are known to be held to the death.

Yurixx >> :

No, you're wrong. One of those Nobel laureates got his prize just for proving that a crisis in that very financial and economic model is impossible. I can't remember which one, it doesn't matter to me. If you want to know, surf the net, you'll find it.

The original post was about laureates in the plural, now it has shrunk to one. So you've stretched the opinion of one to all. That kind of generalization is worthy of a dumbass or a liar. Besides, since you claim it was, albeit in the singular, be kind enough to provide proof. "Look it up on the net" doesn't work, I can't look up what isn't there.

Colleagues, your emotionalism is not likely to move things forward. Yes, we are all not Nobel laureates here (yet? :-). But that doesn't stop us from being at the forefront of the global economic problem called the "crisis", and there's nowhere to go from that forefront.

The task of any science is forecasting, the answer to the question "what will happen if...?". So in this sense economics, in spite of Nobel prizes, is lagging behind. Meteorological forecasts are five days ahead of time quite confidently, now they are equipped with supercomputers. But what about economic forecasts? They are still made by one-man analysts, read witch doctors and shamans. It is not important which currencies will live, it is important to build a global system of financial monitoring and forecasting, similar to the weather system. However, this is not enough. We need models to which monitoring data (sensor and indicator systems) can be fed.

timbo писал(а) >>

The original post was about laureates in the plural, now it has shrunk to one. That is, you have stretched the opinion of one to all of them. That kind of generalisation is worthy of a dumbass or a liar. Besides, since you claim it was, albeit in the singular, be kind enough to provide proof. "Look it up online" doesn't work here, I can't look for something that doesn't exist.

I have no need to prove anything to you. You have every right to doubt anything and not trust any statement. As is usually the case in science, whoever wants to establish a fact should do it themselves rather than pestering everyone with "prove it to me".

I could link to the source, but you have already started sputtering and I don't like to communicate on that level.

Judging by your reactions, you are sitting in America after all. So you have every reason to be happy. >> Congratulations.

Yurixx >> :

I have no need to prove anything to you. You have every right to doubt anything and not trust any statement. As is usually the case in science, whoever wants to establish a fact should do it themselves, rather than pestering everyone with a "prove it to me".

I could link to the source, but you have already started sputtering and I don't like communicating on that level.

Judging by your reactions, you are sitting in America after all. So you have every reason to be happy. >> congratulations.

Can I ask you a question - do you dislike America or Americans and for what?

for trade, an analysis of America and Americans is far more useful than a love or dislike of America and Americans..,

P.S. And if congratulations are in order.
is that russians have finally become a language of international communication.