Equity and balance graph - page 29

Xupypr >> :
Equity_v8.mq4

Xupypr, looked at and tested your indicator. It's a good thing and the idea is correct.

But I have detected some defects in the indicator:

1. If you place the indicator on the chart, then the candlesticks are shown only when there is an open order. If there is no order, then there are no candlesticks. But they should be there for clarity.

2. The log is written to the file without a header of what is written there. It is not at all convenient to parse in Excel, when you don't know what column is in it.

3. In my opinion, it would not be reasonable to specify equity in the file for OPEN, CLOSE, LOW and HIGH; CLOSE is enough. Since the entire calculation is based on minute bars, there is not much difference in calculations.

The file name has to be both for a certain currency pair and for all of them at the same time with statistics.

5. All the calculations are made on the basis of the initial deposit, without taking into account growing profits or losses. And the fact that the lot dynamically grows from the deposit is not taken into account. This is when looking at readings and calculations for a particular pair.

6. The calculation for all pairs seems to be correct, but the display of bars and the balance line is wrong. The equities are higher than the chart, but the chart itself is very small and shows somewhere below, it needs to be corrected. This is for the specific pair when we look at it.

7. The bars drawn in the indicator should correspond to the currency pair and the timeframe of the indicator, accordingly the balance line should be drawn in such a way as to obtain the correct display for this chart, i.e. the control points for CLOSE candlesticks and the calculation should follow the minute quotes and equity should be summed for the period, and the file should be drawn for the minute bars. What is the point of building Japanese candlesticks from equity.

8. The number of bars in the indicator window, as well as the balance line itself should be limited by the number of bars.

9. Reconsider the function of loading the history for quotes. Perhaps reading into an array, and then clearing the arrays. The deal is that I have 4 months trading on my account and it is necessary to use minute quotes history for each pair, and I have 22 of them. I had to set > 150000 in terminal settings to display in the window and the terminal practically fell down. Roughly speaking, it will be impossible to use the indicator in a couple of months. I will face the ceiling on possibility to load bars in the window for such amount of pairs.

That's all for now. I have got the idea for myself and in the future I will completely rewrite the indicator for the purpose of consuming fewer resources and improving the performance of the indicator as it takes too long to calculate.

A separate request, since the software is very thorough, to keep a detailed version numbering and history of changes. The system has been designed with the help of a new version numbering system and a history of changes.

HIDDEN, thanks for the in-depth analysis of the indicator, but let's get this straight.

1. How do you imagine candlesticks with the same OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE? In this case, the indicator draws a line. It may merge with the balance line.

2. I agree, I will take it into account.

3. As I was asked, I did so. Excel understands this format and can make Japanese candlestick charts.

4. I have only account number and TF in name, but where should I put statistics? Again, the same Excel may gather statistics not so bad.

5. 5. I do not understand anything here. Which lot of a closed position is stored in the history, that one is used. Nothing is made up.

6. I have it all wrong:) "Equity above the chart" - maybe above the balance? If it is far away, you can turn off displaying the balance line.

7. The further into the woods, the thicker the partisans:) This one was particularly nice - "What's the point of building Japanese candles out of equities".

8. Yes, I guess so.

9. Admittedly, the joint came out. I thought the warning about insufficient history by minutes would be enough. *Note. I am using indicator at least at hourly, it does not make sense to put it on minutiae.

Let me know when you've rewritten it.

granit77 >> :
A separate request to keep the detailed version numbering and history of changes. Otherwise up to ten versions with various changes and additions roam under one name now.

In addition to the release date, the indicator's header now also contains a link to a page in the database. Where you can see the history of changes.

Keep an eye on the release date.

Hi Igor :) I have reached the latest version of the indicator and I have a question: why did you decide to make Begin Monitoring in bars and not by date? :) can we also do it by date? :) (too lazy to count bars at all)

Hi Alexander.

I agree, a fixed date would be more appropriate. Otherwise you get a floating window, which is more suitable for monitoring the current drawdown.

Now the whole period is analyzed and the max drawdown, which can be anywhere, is highlighted.

I will make a variable date and if it is not specified, monitoring will be from the beginning of the day.

Xupypr >> :

I will make the variable a date, and if it is not specified, the monitoring will be from the beginning of the day.

I think it would be very convenient, clear and practical :)

Xupypr >> :

Question about Equity_virtual: does it consider spreads, swaps, commissions?

Equity_virtual takes spreads into account, but swaps and commissions do not. In the currency of the deposit - yes. Add an alert - easy.

Xupypr >> :

Equity_virtual

and can the code prescribe a pattern of n pairs of lines whose shift between them and whose start (time) is specified?

and then move them where they need to go