Equity and balance graph - page 11

Dear Surgeon!

Thank you very much for the indicator, it came in very handy for me, as my trading strategy involves opening a large number of positions.

The only thing is... I would love to see on the equity chart not only the value at the end of the bar, but also the maximum and minimum values, i.e. the equity chart display in the form of

- Japanese candlesticks or

- bars or

- three lines - High, Low and Close.

Could you please advise whether the first two options are practicable?

The third one is easy to implement, but due to my programming skills it may take me quite a long time :)

Would you mind telling me how to do it better?

Even if we technically manage to make the indicator in the form of Japanese candlesticks (you can experiment with the standard Heiken Ashi), there will be problems with calculation of maximum and minimum values on the bar. More precisely, this calculation will not be reliable. Even if the exact point value can be neglected, we cannot neglect the fact that time of reaching maxima/minima will be different for different instruments. We cannot just calculate the equity on the candlestick tops and then sum it up for different instruments in the total value. Even the close calculation has errors due to the nonsynchronous occurrence of a new bar for different instruments.

Batman >> :

Except... I would like to see on the equity chart not only the values at the end of the bar but also the maximum and minimum values, i.e. to display the equity chart in the form of

- Japanese candlesticks or

- bars or

- three lines - High, Low and Close.

open the equity and balance chart on the minute chart and you will see a detailed picture, almost 100%, with all the highs and lows.

It's all pampering and jerkery...

Don't be fooled, Igor.

Xupypr >> :

Even if we technically manage to make the indicator in the form of Japanese candlesticks (you can experiment with the standard Heiken Ashi), there will be problems with calculation of maximum and minimum values on the bar. More precisely, this calculation will not be reliable. Even if the exact point value can be neglected, we cannot neglect the fact that time of reaching maxima/minima will be different for different instruments. We cannot just calculate the equity on the candlestick tops and then sum it up for different instruments in the total value. Even calculation by close has errors due to the nonsynchronous approach of a new bar for different instruments.

I.e. instead of a curve plotting by close values we cannot plot three curves by three values, and then remove the lines connecting them and insert a bar between the values?

don't mock me i'm a dark man.

OZ0 >> :

I.e. instead of a curve based on closing values, you cannot build three curves based on three values, and then remove the lines connecting them and insert a bar between the values?

Don't mock me, I'm a dark man.

I wonder what you will do with it? Maybe you will use MA or another indicator? Or will you analyze candlesticks?

---

>> I'm not messing around.

alexx_v >> :

I wonder what you are going to do with it? Maybe throw in a MA or some other indicator? Or do you want to do a candlestick analysis?

---

>> I'm not kidding.

I want to think about converting it into a stock quotes format with import-export via Exel on daily candlesticks.

there is also the task of collecting from several accounts, but that is a separate topic.

OZ0 >>... and I just don't want to get into a pointless argument.

That's not convincing. You three are the quorum. I don't count.

alexx_v писал(а) >>
Open the equity and balance chart on the minute chart, and you will see a detailed picture, almost 100%, with all the highs and lows...

That's the thing about "almost"... Even on the 1-minute chart we lose maximal and minimal values, and when we move to higher timeframes the picture gets smoother. Three lines could show very interesting "jumps" of equity and help us evaluate the risks when trading several symbols with a large amount of open positions.

I thought the calculation must be performed by minute candles irrespective of the working chart timeframe; then the error would be minimal and moreover, it seems to have one direction - slightly overestimating the real High and underestimating Low which may only favor self-criticism when "sorting out the score" - evaluation of missed opportunities and drawdowns. :)

Why granit77 considers it pampering, I do not understand. I actually encountered such a necessity.

Basically, on higher timeframes we could do with TWO values - High and Low on the history, because Close really loses its meaning and the current value, for example, is a point or a triangle...

Thanks to everyone who takes part in the discussion. The task turned out to be more complicated and interesting than I first thought :)

Batman >> :

In principle, on higher timeframes we could do with TWO values - High and Low on history, as Close really loses its meaning and a POINT or a triangle, for example, the current value...

Thanks to everyone who takes part in the discussion. The task turned out to be more complicated and interesting than I first thought :)

Close is essential, but Open is questionable.