Equity and balance graph - page 25

Went to page 12... Yes indeed, that idea was brought up in the discussion at the time! :)

But all that happens for the best - then such an option would probably have been premature, as having its merits, it also has some features and disadvantages. Now that the latest versions of the equity indicator have proved highly appreciated by many users, the autonomous charts have the right to become a serious addition to them (I cannot imagine trading without them as I am ready to reject anything except the equity indicator that I am blind without :))). If you, Igor, have the desire and time to address this issue, I would be very glad to do it! Such an option may open new opportunities...

Xupypr писал(а) >>

That was my suggestion (see page 12). And I have already had some experience. Back in 2007 I wrote such a script to open the currency index as a standalone chart and immediately update it.

The code is almost ready. The only thing I have to do is to finish it:)

super

I am posting my script for the esteemed public and Batman in the first place:)

It works in the same way as described above - it is applied to any chart and an autonomous equity chart corresponding to the period is opened.

Parameters are the same as in the indicator. Start_Balance parameter appeared to change the initial balance if necessary. With some parameters, equity can go into minus and these values are not shown on the chart.

Files:

Thanks for the promptness, Igor!!!

I put up the script, it seems to be working, nice looking candles, great!...

Only, what should I do now to see the balance line on this chart as well?

Apparently, it needs a new indicator like OnlyBalance4Chart_Equity? :)

... Worked a little and for some reason stopped... Too bad, I have no time now, I'll test it later. Thanks a lot!!!

Just a quick observation: script doesn't live on chart for a long time - it appears in log that it's removed and then the update stops.

I assume that if instead of making a script Chart_Equity in the form of an indicator, it will not be observed, at least this did not happen with the aforementioned Converter_Revers_Shu....

Then specify the reason for removing the script. There should be a line before removed like - uninit reason 1.

You can see the balance line if you change the line indicator_separate_window to indicator_chart_window in the same 7.

So be that as it may - I made a balance indicator, removing everything superfluous.

The argument in favour of implementing it as a script - the script is looped and does not depend on the arrival of a new tick for the symbol, for which it is installed. Quotes for other symbols may be received during this time and it is necessary to consider them that the indicator cannot do.

This is what the equity chart looks like when opened standalone + indicator (8) for comparison

Files:

Thanks, Igor :)

Let's try it, let's see :)

Xupypr >> :

I propose to make the Equity_virtual indicator more universal, to work not only on forex, but also on stocks (CFD), and in general on all instruments in the market review.

FOXXXi, then you only need to change the instrument recognition system in the line.

I see the following option: EURUSD+0.11 #AA+1.1 GOLD-0.2

I.e. "+/-" should be used as a separator, the length of string for an instrument will be easy to determine. Now it is fixed 6 symbols for forex.

I'll try to do it.

Done!

Files:

Xupypr >> :

>> Done!

I just did not understand how the RF indicator calculates equity, and I do not understand MM, because we have the same position, how does it recalculate? I divided the profit value from the initial balance to the maximum equity point (and from the initial balance to the current equity) to the maximum drawdown, but the RF indicator does not fit.