Windows 10 - page 10

Konstantin Karpov:

Of course, I do not understand the policy of MetaQuotes, they write software oriented to Microsoft, while their representatives say that Microsoft is killing itself and that it is all utopia (not verbatim, but the meaning is the same). And here I don't understand why they should write software for a platform that they don't like. But it's not my business really :)

Regarding the Linux installer, I agree with you there, but again there is a BUT: MQL allows you to work with dynamic Windows libraries, while there are no words about dynamic Linux libraries. Thus, just a simple Linux installer will not work, you will need to finalize a lot of things :)

However, MetaQuotes, not without weight in the world community of IT companies, could agree with the Wine developers to develop a normal MetaTrader setting that would work in full including with SSL certificates.

It seems that initially MQL didn't plan a cross-platform system and now they have to change and modify a lot to make a working port, which nobody is going to do until they have to. But when we are in a pinch we don't know. As for the libraries I've found a plug on forum somewhere that allows to screw Linux library to Metatrader ))

If I do not use LANG="ru_RU.UTF-8" in /etc/default/locale, but I have LANG="en_US.UTF-8" and all fonts are there (everywhere)

Why should I see Cyrillic characters in place of Cyrillic?

(I accepted it and gave up)

solar:

If I do not use LANG="ru_RU.UTF-8" in /etc/default/locale, but I have LANG="en_US.UTF-8" and all fonts are there (everywhere)

Why should I see Cyrillic characters in place of Cyrillic?

(I accepted it and gave up)

This is where the underlying differences in platforms come in. Windows uses 1251, Linux uses mostly UTF8. Wine emulates Windows, hence there may be problems.

Daniil Stolnikov:
there are some fundamental platform differences. Windows uses 1251, Linux uses mostly UTF8. Wine emulates Windows, hence there may be problems.
wine is not an emulator! Read Wine carefully - it is an alternative implementation of the Windows API.

Vladimir Pastushak:
wine is not an emulator !!! Read Wine carefully - it is an alternative implementation of the Windows API.
Whatever they call it an emulator, it's an emulator in Africa! Plus it consumes too many resources for a non-emulator)). But that's not the point.

Daniil Stolnikov:
Whatever they call it an emulator, it's an emulator in Africa! Plus, somehow too many resources it consumes for non-emulator)). But that's not the point.

I think it's a matter of code implementation. I, on the contrary, have less code consumption on Ubuntu.

Another thing is that the graphics are lagging behind.

solar:

I think it's a matter of code implementation. I, on the contrary, have less code consumption on Ubuntu.

Another thing is that the graphics are lagging behind.

Xubuntu. mt4 - it's eating... wine is eating at the same time... Disk crackles nonstop - must be writing/reading something hard... )) what can I say - move to Windows 10

Daniil Stolnikov:
Xubuntu. mt4 - eats... wine is eating at the same time... Disk crackles nonstop - must be writing/reading something hard... )) what can I say - go to Windows 10
The drive is not Western Digital ?

Daniil Stolnikov:
Xubuntu. mt4 - eats... wine is eating at the same time... Disk crackles nonstop - must be writing/reading something hard... )) - well, what can I say - move to Windows 10
At least Windows 10 has no compatibility issues. No need to dance around the tambourine for smooth operation of the terminal.

solar:
is the drive a Western Digital by any chance?
it's the most all make noise. but here the trick is something else - while MT is not running silence. When you start MT, you hear a soft murmur and squeak )) The drive LED doesn't even blink