Bitcoin and everything associated with it. The home of cryptomaniacs and their adversaries. - page 303

HODL is a major cryptocurrency meme, a typo by an excited enthusiast who stated on a BitcoinTalk forum that one should hold (HOLD) coins, but missed the keyboard )

toxic:

But those who bought a couple dozen bits half a year ago and who have "balls of steel" (in the terminology of the groom) not to flinch when frequent and significant kickbacks, are happy, and the different clowns and cowards let them laugh, whether they are sincere or not, we cannot deprive them at least of this solace for their refined, reverent souls, such jobs should not be abandoned.

There are people who have bought bits, ethers and stuff for millions of USD when they were worth "pennies" (e.g., bits < 100 USD). Even then they had an understanding that the same bitcoin would take off above $10K.

Classic Buy and Hold they had. And they didn't need balls of steel when they made that decision many years ago. A very cold calculation was and still is.

Comrade cryptomaniacs, I have a question - I need to get market data from a couple of crypto exchanges. The data is enough for 24 hours, candlesticks or ticks. How can I do it fast without API?
I've registered on poloniex, livecoin, kraken, bitfinex - and I don't see any button Save data to file there :) I don't expect a problem with it. Who knows how to solve this problem quickly?

Firstly - what's wrong with api?

Secondly - what data?

Комбинатор:

Firstly - what's wrong with api?

Secondly - what data?

I want to use data right now, not to deal with documentation; I will use api to solve this problem, but I want it now.)
The data - just the price over time, without any orderbooks and other things, a couple of any currencies and the same currencies but from any other exchange, ideally ticks, but it may be minutes.

Alexey Oreshkin:
Торговую утилиту KVM Bitcoin Tick Importer
Торговую утилиту KVM Bitcoin Tick Importer
  • reviews: 1
  • Krasimir Marinov
  • www.mql5.com
The KVM Bitcoin Tick Importer - это скрипт, который импортирует вручную скачанные тиковые файлы в виде автономных графиков. Импортированные графики... - Русский

A short introduction. Ethereum cryptocurrency has a Token feature.

In the most simple case they work like that - for example you want to start your own startup, but you have no money, so in order to get it from potential investors you make your own unique token with amount of couple thousands and sell it to interested participants with a receipt that for every token you will return usual money plus profit in the future.
And no one stops the investor from reselling your tokens to another investor if they get tired of waiting. It's all a bit like stocks, or vouchers.

Interestingly, if you take more care in creating a token, you can even create your own cryptocurrency, with any desired pow, reward for found blocks, etc. And most importantly with the ability to trade it on crypto exchanges.

Unfortunately all this is just a paradise for swindlers, somewhere I saw a statistic that 5% of transactions in etherium are all kinds of pyramids and other scam using tokens.

Now the question itself - is it possible to create a cryptocurrency suitable for trading on an exchange? "Comfortable" in the sense that its price will fluctuate according to some constant laws. The simplest example would be a crypto with automatic additional money charged as soon as its price rises significantly to cause a wave of sales and a drop in price, plus automatic deductions as soon as its price rises significantly to cause a drop in price. The price will forcibly fluctuate up and down, and knowing this law you can trade on it.
This is a bad example of course, no one would buy crypto knowing that it might be automatically deducted sometimes. And it is unlikely that the exchange rate can be used within the logic of crypto.
Does anyone have any idea how using pow and reward for found blocks to make crypto price on exchange fluctuate to a certain amplitude? Maybe there are even such tokens ready?

JPMorgan is buying up? Did I get that right? )

http://www.vladtime.ru/econom/603502

Гендиректор JPMorgan нарёк биткоины проделками мошенников
Гендиректор JPMorgan нарёк биткоины проделками мошенников
  • www.vladtime.ru
Генеральный директор финансовой компании JPMorgan Джеймс Даймон усомнился в честности криптовалюты. Он назвал биткоин видом мошенничества. Об этом сообщили СМИ. По его заявлению на конференции банка Barclays в Нью-Йорке, он бы уволил торгующего биткоинами трейдера. Причинами тому выступает то, что это является глупой затеей и идет против...

Alexandr Bryzgalov:

JPMorgan is buying? )

http://www.vladtime.ru/econom/603502

He has given up the "duck" to buy up cheaper. This is normal practice for market monsters. Take Soros, for example, who started the rumour that gold would fall, but he bought some and earned on it.