Critique my Holy Grail idea - page 9

Great!!!waiting for your post soon...

Great!!!waiting for your post soon...

This "system" is not really a "system."

I have some general rules laid out and a way of entering and exiting, but it's up to you on the exit and position sizing (both key). Basically I draw out a box/channel around previous price levels before 1am and trade off of these HORIZONTAL lines....aka - no trendlines, no fibs, no pivots, just my OWN made up "levels." I thought this was too simple to work at first..no indicators at ALL, but take a look...I banked some serious pips this week and hopefully more next week.

I think this will be a scalping method that I will stick to. I'm less dependent on indicators these days.

Enjoy

Note: I am drawing these levels on data BEFORE 1AM CST and then I'm extending them out to create "Lines in the Sand"

Files:
chart_1.jpg  254 kb
chart_2.jpg  249 kb
chart_3.jpg  222 kb
chart_4.jpg  234 kb

Cool chart comparing poker and trading

Files:
pokerchart.gif  23 kb

daytraderjay:
Signal for Entry/Exit:

How do I plan on pulling it off? Simple. Huge bankroll compared to starting unit size.

"The market can remain irrational for longer than you or I can remain solvent."

John Maynard Keynes

That's a very over generalized quote that can be applied to anything...

I've personally seen a close friend take 4k to 200+k within 1 year, first year trading. That's pretty irrational

But yeah I don't use "martingale" anymore...however I do double my position size where it makes sense, 4-5 times max. You need to be able to double on your winners at times (this was the strategy of my friend, although not "martingale" exactly).

Good trading today! Scooped up 20-30 pips. I'll post a chart. I did make some minor mistakes, easily corrected.

here we go, as you can see this was a FAR from perfect day!

I still made pips and money.

I suspect one more drop, but I'm not trading now, it's afternoon, volume is lower, and I deserve to enjoy the beautiful weather on my brand new mountain bike

Files:

Good News: I have attained the true holy grail...

Haha, just kidding, but check out this statement, I won over 85% of all trades taken. Max drawdown was 0.38%.

Graph2 is one week of data.

StatementDaily is only tonight's trading (sunday asia into london sesh)

Edit: This is NOT a demo account, this is all live, real money, real conditions.

Files:
graph2.jpg  45 kb

Good News:

*Meeting with my first "big investor" next week on the 19th.

I'm very excited to POTENTIALLY have some serious funding.

Things I have done:

*"Perfected" system (80% roughly wins, there's no reason to do any better than that!)

*Created LLC

*Started blog for the LLC

*Printed 300 business cards for distribution

If I can go another 3 years with a max drawdown of less than 2%, I know the investors will be lining up. I plan to make my investors as LLC members to get around the qualified investor rule. As well as setting up the investments as "loans" which can also be administered by a third party (Virgin Money for example).

PS: There will be no advertising of the LLC. I won't even drop the name here. No links to the blog. Just sharing my master plan with the masses.

I added an updated chart, very little volatility in the equity curve. Nice boring slow climb. Just what I wanted

Files:

My Edge

-2.25% at the down spike in my account this week.

Gain this week was 1.01% roughly, and there are few plays I am willing to take now. Since I only NEED 1% a week to make yearly target...might as well relax a little now

Files:
yay.jpg  46 kb

Hi, first of all thank you for 3rd system and on what TF are you using it, 1H?

Thank you in advance.