Critique my Holy Grail idea - page 2

daytraderjay:
Anyone else care to comment on my idea?

Questions? Comments? Criticism? Anger? Advice?

I'll be posting Live trading results next week.

still me...I woudn't trust the cross...(has nothing to do with me being a vampire)....

Pava:
still me...I woudn't trust the cross...(has nothing to do with me being a vampire)....

Lol, good joke

Yeah, it's a pretty odd setup. It doesn't give too many signals though.

It's either that or a version of the Aroon Indicator, set to 200, which is fairly similar to the 50/500 sma cross.

daytraderjay:
Lol, good joke

Yeah, it's a pretty odd setup. It doesn't give too many signals though.

It's either that or a version of the Aroon Indicator, set to 200, which is fairly similar to the 50/500 sma cross.

That wasn't a joke...

Oh so you really are a vampire? me too, instead of blood i suck the pips out of accounts.

So far so good with the system, my only problem has been human fatigue...I did not trade last night due to sun exposure (was outside enjoying weather for 8+hours and got sun burned and tired out).

Only 3 trades for today from 1am-1pm. 1/3 were successful, which is a 33% chance, which is good enough to make a tidy profit.

?

"I did not trade last night due to sun exposure (was outside enjoying weather for 8+hours and got sun burned and tired out). "

I wouldn't know anything about that

Here's my opinion:

You are wasting your time. You may not think that it's likely to sustain 14 losses in a row but if you use this long enough you will. Therefor you are wasting your time.

Or, more likely...youll take 10 losses and just lose your nerve.

Cyclesurfer:
Or, more likely...youll take 10 losses and just lose your nerve.

I have a lot of nerve and pain tolerance. Like today, I was mountain biking, launched off a jump over a log on a steep descent...take a guess...I bailed over the handle bars, covered my face in dirt...gasping because I knocked the air out of myself

Now, most sane people would say, Ok..no more! Not me, brush it off, get to the top and do it again, except the 2nd time was perfect. I have suspension to cushion my landing which helps.

My problem on the first run was when I landed I had my weight too far forward, which caused me to flip forward. So you could say I had a success rate of 50%. Not bad at all, but if I had to clear a pit of spikes, I wouldn't do it! Because I would fall atleast once, and...impail my self quickly

What does that have to do with trading? Well, pain tolerance. There's no trader who wins 100% of all trades, so every trader needs to have some steel nerves. And a good plan if things are not working perfectly.

So far I haven't seen a losing streak that lasted very long, but it could happen. And I will find out but I do seriously doubt it, otherwise I wouldn't attempt.

Did I mention I only trade from 1am to 1pm (london-NYC sesh)? Thats the highest probability for breakouts. 1pm-12pm is usually sideways chop, and I'm generalizing, but it usually is much tighter.

I appreciate your criticisms

Let's see what happens, I can post blotter(s) as I get this rolling.

Pava:
"I did not trade last night due to sun exposure (was outside enjoying weather for 8+hours and got sun burned and tired out). " I wouldn't know anything about that

Lol, you don't go into the sun often I take it Pava? What do you do for "shits and giggles" other than trade?

?

daytraderjay:
Lol, you don't go into the sun often I take it Pava? What do you do for "shits and giggles" other than trade?

suck blood of curious traders.....