Critique my Holy Grail idea - page 4

Well I pulled a profit early this morning, but I had to rest after taking profit because I've got some pain in my shoulder and need rest.

Tonight I popped some Advil and ready to go. Light volumes unfortunately! Could be range bound for a long time...

Grab the Mountain Dew and Coffee, it's gonna be a long night...

Hey so far so good, this week has been a breeze. I could increase my leverage a little next week.

Labor day tomorrow for us Yanks, there will be low volume and stock market is closed. Futures and FX should be open, but low volume. That means, day off!!!

first trade -11pips (.01)

second trade +25 pips (.02)

Profit hit within 2 trades, 50%win/loss

Price action leading to break out was rangebound.

I could have held my trade much longer, oh well. Not going to kick myself, because this is a huge improvement from before. I might need to increase leverage soon.

Here's a screen shot

Range bound all night on eur/usd.

4 consecutive losses, and 1 winner to take it all back and provide profit.

win/lose rate=20%/80%

My max leverage on my winning trade only hit .0019% of total account. I am trying to lose my shirt here, but it's just not working. Oh well, another profitable day, zZzZ.

Too lazy to post a screen shot right now, so I will post later.

Yeah I see no problem with this idea...the signals are so broad they filter out a lot of noise, and when u compare the time scale to each signal given, then you're bound to get one accurate trend entry per day really...

One thing I'm confused about though is the aroon indicator thing...it's not just 50/200emas histogram-o-fied? Yeah thats a word

Hi Simthegreat

Yeah, the aroon is similar to an SMA cross, but it's slightly different. It all depends on your settings. I have compared them a little, I can't remember if it's like the 50/200 cross. I'll have to look.

So here's last weeks statistics:

Days traded: 4 (skipped the 7th due to holiday)

Total trades: 12

Winning trades: 7

Win rate%: 58%

Longest losing streak: 4 trades

Longest Win streak:3 trades

Max position size%: 0.2%

Other notes:

It was relatively stress free. Once I hit profit I stopped trading. During trading I was relaxed, watching The Office on Hulu.com or chatting with others. It was a fun week actually.

So in the end, was I successful? YES. Did I make a profit? YES. Can I improve some things? YES.

More tweaking is soon to come, and POSSIBLY trading 2-4 pairs at once.

Well, I'm here to check in, to keep myself honest and for anyone reading my journal to see if this is working out as planned.

First of all, everything has been going great. I feel like a trading angel has come and saved me .

Quick summary: I've been testing my money management on other indicators finding what works best. The Aroon is not perfect, but I've found something better that is giving me even better entries. I'm not going to say exactly what it is.

monday and tuesday were decent gains, wed was a small gain. I should have made a lot more mon/tues but I'll settle for what I got.

Also I'm going to start keeping tabs and also actively trade:

GBP/USD

AUD/USD

EUR/JPY

along with EUR/USD like always

I looked at my account blotter and it turns out I've put it about 100 trades total. I didn't realize it was that many trades!

will you post your arron indicator

or full of systems

Here's the thing...all of my indicators are for ThinkorSwim platform.

This morning I only had 1 short entry for eur/usd, but the past 2 days have been scalpers market for NYC open sesh, so I decided to flip into scalp mode using my squeeze indicator.

I made 11 SCALP trades and won 9 today. These are not based off of squeeze. It is important to use technical analysis to know when scalping is preferred.

I'm going to rate the indicators I've used that work best, so far here's the favorites:

1. MACD multiple time frame filtered, for swinging

2. Squeeze to scalp

3 Aroon, for swings

4. Heatmap, still being customized by my programmer....

I will share the indicators after I go for my bike ride

Also I will have to post some incredible charts from past 2 days...GUYS, we have had the exact SAME setups..........easy easy range breaks and bounces.

Ok so I started with the aroon. Not terrible, and it does lag a little, but you will hit a winner eventually which is why I started using martingale.

If you want the squeeze, I can PM it to you.

These are ALL ThinkorSwim code. I use TOS for charts and MT4 for order entry.