_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 254

Not sure about your broker but tonight was quite a bad trade with 5 consecutive loses with 3 trade hit stop loss. Good thing was the money management reduce the lot size for each losses thus reducing overall -ve.

Will need 20 plus +ve trade to recover today slump. My others EA which was running on the eurgbp + eurchf also hitting some loss.

problem

2009.03.24 09:56:22 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\FxPro MetaTrader\experts\indicators\MA_AngleZeroSigma.ex4' on the EURGBP,M1

please help me...

what is that mean..? no trade at all.

i use your lucky v2 ea..

thanks....

Your Lucky on MBT.

MBT did screw up big time on the 23rd. They have been sending bad quotes about every day or two. They claim that it is due to the changes being made in their server to accommodate MT4. Maybe. I sure hope that's it, because Lucky works very well with the MBT spreads. Remember, an ECN server does not filter quotes, they just pass them on from the ECN. If someone on the ECN enters a bad quote, it will be passed on. If you have your SL stored on your terminal (MT4) your terminal will send an order to close. But the close will be made at the correct ECN price, not the bad quote price. This may be in your favor, or not, but it will not be what the strategy calls for. I think.. please correct me here.. that if your SL has been passed to the server, the server may not close the trade. (That seems wrong, but it's how I interpret MBT's comments.) If that's the case, you want to send the SL and TP as ordermodify commands. Lucky does not allow you to do that. Hide_all true allows Lucky to run on MBT, but it causes Lucky to hold the SL and TP on the terminal. Bad quotes are sure to cause a problem now. So will a power failure at your PC. To use Lucky correctly on an ECN the source code must be modified. Lucky does not do nearly as well on a non ECN as an ECN. Without the source, I will not trade Lucky live.

I ran across a thread in another forum dating back to 2006 (MB Trading Futures - Introduction (Formerly EFX Thread)) when EFX (Now MBT/EFX) was trying to connect MT4 to their ECN. They did not get the job done. Now in 2009, MBT/EFX is trying again. When will it happen? On my demo account, the data error did not hit because Lucky was not in a trade, but it's not acceptable in any case, and pretty scary.

The alternative is ATC. But they seem to be in trouble too. They just changed ECN's and say they are in beta with MT4. But they will not allow new live accounts. At least their data seems to be clean.

I have been comparing MBT, ATC, and IBFX for a month. MBT and ATC both result in good profit with few stops. IBFX results are bad. overall loss, with about 1/4 as many trades. So, unless things change, I will wait for MBT or ATC, and hope that their live feed is better than their demo.

sergiel Correction it hit +8 pips several times and didn't close then about 15 min later hit +6 pips and closed the order??? Strange, is this normal? Thanks

I am sorry, but without the source I don't think anyone can say why this happened or whether it is normal. (Also, you would need to post your settings to get an answer.)

JStein, MadCow & jrous, do it

JStein:
@Quicksilverone: Lucky uses TF 15M and 30M. What do you think it should use ??

I take this opportunity to thank you for your courage, like MadCow, because put the chest to the bullets when nobody else did.

And you jrous for giving us the invaluable moral support.

I see you were active and that is something positive.

I was lost, because I met someone special. Anyway I took some time to test.

I've tested the Volt Damiani in 5M TF. The volatility in greater Time Frames (TF) is not the same than in 5min. Therefore when it is detected by 15M and 30M, it is too late. There are open trades and are routed to the SL.

It is not something I have to say, you see it every day. I advance yesterday, almost prophetic, what happened on the night in Asia. Volatility changed by news and turned around. Damiani in 5M TF (5, 8, 80, 350) filters the worst in this issue, but, also filters 70% of the good trades.

Conclusion: This tool is not suitable for the task. If it was, had not turned around as discussed above post.

Hey TopGirl... Good decision. Play safe.

There are other issues in the code. As Autorange_TP=False. This does not work. If looking at the code you will see that is quite messy. The code is ready, but the routine is not there. What ? Yes. is not there. Erased by some reason and there is no way to control the TP. Most of the time the price reaches 5, 6, 7 and 8 pips and the EA does not trigger the signal closure. Hey... Scalping is a maximum of 5 to 8 pips. The range EUR/GBP in Assia Session for no more, with spreads of 4 or 5 and a slippage of 2 or 3.

There are other issues...

However, while unable to control excessive volatility at the beginning of a new trend, there is nothing that can be done. Just turn it on and pray that everything goes well.

And, this is not a way of doing business.

Well if my first day using this EA is any indication I dont think I will be testing it out much longer:

+6 pips

-43 pips

-31 pips

+3 pips

-31 pips (this ones still open)

Oh well at least the Firebird is going strong with a little human intervention.

last night was a big loss for me on alpari uk live

i had 1100 $ and had 3 loss trades and now i have 400$

the period is march

Files:

JStein, MadCow & jrous, do it

Thanks Quiksilverone,

The idea of MadCow to have an open source EA, like Linux, OpenOffice etc. is oustanding and we will need the assistance of coders like you.. welcome back... to the future new thread

Here is my Tadawulfx DEMO account:

Deposit 10000 usd begin: 2009.03.16

Huge loss last night, BUT 25 % - ONE week. Is it bad?

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

taqi:
Here is my Tadawulfx DEMO account:

Deposit 10000 usd begin: 2009.03.16

Huge loss last night, BUT 25 % - ONE week. Is it bad?

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

Yes, me to have a big loss to night . Saw on FapTurbo homepage that they also had a poor night.

Yes - I had 17.5% loss at TadawulFX too. So I am not alone

Tonight it will be better...