Martingale EA - page 121

I have 244 orders with a 147/97 long bias.

Exit will not be long now if guppy continues to go up. Usually at about this level the buying pressure is revealed and the spike happens...which is what is screwing with WFM

Let's watch...you will see when buying pressure gets like this (PipIdiot is telling us ...see the first sentence of this post) there will be the spike...

....☺

ES...™

Get aboard the ES wagon!

Files:
annotated.gif  69 kb

It's real fricken slow right now in the guppy...!!!!

hehe...when I am wrong..I am wrong...there was no spike...actually it is going the other way

What do these errors mean?

Files:
5lag.gif  99 kb

Everybody..

I have glanced back at the history of GBP/JPY and I am still working on this but I have some preliminary TRADING NUMBERS FOR YOU TRADERS THAT ACTUALLY TRADE LIVE FUNDS.

If you start with 2K and 0.02/0.02 on Guppy M5 w/5 lag...you will not find the chart pattern that will wipe you out. I am still checking though....but this is what I have so far.

PipIdiot™ setfile

Start_Lot_Size=0.05000000 late edit0.02 per 2K

Lot_Size_Increment=0.05000000 late edit0.02 per 2K

Long_Short_Balance=0

Balance_Weight=0.10000000

Max_Trades=9999 wolfe is this capping off at 500?...is it working according to the user inputs using 4 digits?

Close_All_Max=0

Auto_Restart=1

Next_Trade=20

Bar_Timeframe=5

Bars_Look_Back=1.00000000

EntryLag_Long=5

EntryLag_Short=5

Use_Trailing_Stop=1

Trail_Start=20.00000000 late edit 10 (for 0.02 per 2K)

TSLoss_Percent=50.00000000

Close_By_Percent=0

TP_Percent=5.00000000

SL_Percent=10.00000000

Close_By_Profit=5.00000000

Close_By_StopLoss=99999.00000000

Slippage=5

Number_Of_Tries=5

Sound=1

....☺

ES...™

Get aboard the ES wagon!

ElectricSavant:
Ralph,

After you understand this EA...I would be curious as to your opinion. I do not mean to put you on the spot...but if you have the time...

... being put on the spot like that, I loaded up a few experiments, backtesting only, and, well, I think there's a bit to go. It looks nice, decorating peaks blue and troughs red, on the prospect of catching the next major jump up or down.

But, is it a winner?

Well, it keeps opening trades by breach level logic, until one of a few things come about: firstly it might reach a favourable profit situation, secondly it might reach a limit to the number of trades, and thirdly it might reach a "terminal" loss situation. The first is good, the second is 50-50, and the third is bad.

By design, the third won't happen without the second, because while new trades can be added in the most recent price move direction, the EA does so, and thereby it changes the effective trade size and direction. (No need to redo the math ).

It seems the trade limit has two reasons: either reaching the set count of trades, or reaching as many trades as margin allows. The count of trades is also tied to an optional force closing, while a margin limit merely makes the EA sit and wait for an eventual win or loss.

Perhaps the force close option should apply to margin limit as well? The exits would then be either profitable or the 50-50 force close, which perhaps would make it statistically a 50-50 machine, though tunable to lean towards winning for finite time and a sub set of potential price move histories.

Ok, so it's easy to be critical, and to shine of pretentious wisdom without having trialled all, or most, even, of the options. That's what you get when you ask for it

HeHe,

would you consider trialling this sort of EA? (I am pushing my luck)

ES

ralph.ronnquist:
... being put on the spot like that, I loaded up a few experiments, backtesting only, and, well, I think there's a bit to go. It looks nice, decorating peaks blue and troughs red, on the prospect of catching the next major jump up or down.

But, is it a winner?

Well, it keeps opening trades by breach level logic, until one of a few things come about: firstly it might reach a favourable profit situation, secondly it might reach a limit to the number of trades, and thirdly it might reach a "terminal" loss situation. The first is good, the second is 50-50, and the third is bad.

By design, the third won't happen without the second, because while new trades can be added in the most recent price move direction, the EA does so, and thereby it changes the effective trade size and direction. (No need to redo the math ).

It seems the trade limit has two reasons: either reaching the set count of trades, or reaching as many trades as margin allows. The count of trades is also tied to an optional force closing, while a margin limit merely makes the EA sit and wait for an eventual win or loss.

Perhaps the force close option should apply to margin limit as well? The exits would then be either profitable or the 50-50 force close, which perhaps would make it statistically a 50-50 machine, though tunable to lean towards winning for finite time and a sub set of potential price move histories.

Ok, so it's easy to be critical, and to shine of pretentious wisdom without having trialled all, or most, even, of the options. That's what you get when you ask for it

ElectricSavant:
HeHe,

would you consider trialling this sort of EA? (I am pushing my luck)

ES

... when don't you?

It'd all depend on the purpose, of course, but I can't say I'm very convinced about its potential. The method feels too much of "focus on the positive and ignore the negative" to me to be a practical alternative for automated trading.

Maybe this unveils my virtually non-existent trading skill rather than saying anything about the EA.

wolfe,

would you consider starting a new thread for PipIdiot.

I would like to take it live when your finished with it.

I will tell you why I am willing to take it live...It is constantly using 0.02 lots...and I can start with 2K in a low spread pair like EUR/USD and last forever and I am convinced it will yield more than a CD. If I near a max margin situation, I can simply add 2K more and last another 6 months as there is no martingaling...

I hope that you start the new thread as I want to reference this work in my Live Account Journal at my Forum.

The current thread has nothing to do with its title and TFX 1.8 deserves its space as it has martingaling available.

ES

by the way ...IBFX does not allow any traders to have more than 1,000 trades open and/or pending at one time...no matter if you have a standard or mini account and no matter if you have margin available and no matter what leverage they have given you...So this is good information for this type of EA, since it is an idiot.

ES☺