Martingale EA - page 119

Sometimes I feel its the Blind...leading the Blind...except for Ralph and wolfe in this thread...

ES

This was his post at the beginning..He is very quick to point out bugs...and it may be his dealer...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178381/page77

now he gives me cable!!!!!!!!! so that I can explain his guppy problems...Ralph...I just do not understand!

ES

P.S. Maybe he is trying to run multiple instruments and wolfe has not finished the EA for that...

Hmm.. I'm not sure where the EA source is.... can you help me with a pointer?

Here is the EA...sorry I fell asleep. I have been awake for a long time.

ES

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178381/page76

I woke up to see this exit happen...it took several ticks to close several hundred orders...But I still got a profit of arount 25 bucks..

Files:
exit.gif  134 kb

Tested in cable just now and straight into profit!!!

Ralph,

After you understand this EA...I would be curious as to your opinion. I do not mean to put you on the spot...but if you have the time...

I have made 40 bucks this evening and I made a mistake with the first trade ... (this EA is kayvans brainchild and wolfe wrote it...and I post ad nauseum' as usual)

...on 1k that is 4% thus far...and I hear the machine gun in the backgorund trading again as I write this post (the sound is on and there are many trade sounds)

But DD does get a little heavy...like 30%, but that can be fixed by dialing back down from 0.05...to maybe 0.02...but the 20 buck TS would need to be cut back as there is not any MM (the TS works from the float and not the individual trades, I call it wolfe floating managment WFM).

Anyways...the candle tops and bottoms dictate the entries...you can set the lag from the top or the bottom with a # of pips...(see the input dialogue). If you breach the top of the prevous candle or the lookback that you specify, you get a long if it is the top and a short if it breached the bottom. There is not any martingale in the pure sense of the word. There is not any doubling...it is the same size that you specify. You get a starting size and then a successive size input and each increase of 1 pip there is another entry (this is not setable yet)

There are some unique things here you should take a look at Ralph and as always I value your take on this....

ES

P.S . I am going back to sleep.

ElectricSavant:
Hey!

Maybe FXOpen does not allow long and short at the same time ...like Oanda...no hedging...but you need subaccounts...no?

Gawd..I'm tired...Thanks for automation...I am spaghetti brain right now...

ES

it is working in forward test , but does not in back test!!!!

how do you like it E.S?

I like vey much PipIdiot with ES'settings ( very very fun)

I suggest for the next version a possibility of EmergencyClose to close together all the trades - before news for example.

I can't get it to work in backtest either. It hits 500 trades and stops, regardless of margin.