RB26DETT-Skyline GTR - page 34

Why did orders close ?

Hi David,

Yesturday I opened an account with 6 pairs to see how they would behaved.

But as you can see on the statement, CHFJPY and USDJPY both closed with a loss and I can't figure out why (that's really the ea that gave the instruction). On another account, the 3rd order on USDJPY opened exactly at the same time and is still open.

I also join the Log file if that help.

Thanks for sharing

Thierry

Files:

adapting pipstep to StandardDeviation

davidke20:
Too bad, you lost the EURJPY Do we consider widen the pipstep for EURJPY? Since the trading range is much bigger then EURUSD? Anyway testern, thank you for still helping me up here. Keep up the good work.

Regards

David

Hi david,

As you said once, it could be intersting to widen pipstep when volaility increase to protect the account.

I think that if it was possible to adjust pipstep according to Standard Deviation value, this could be a way to control the range.

We would have to define a reference value (for example Stddev=8 and pipstep=18) and when StdDev increase, pipstep increase.

I beleive StdDev is a good indicator that a strong movement is coming.

I hbope that can help improving your super EA !

Thierry

Statement

All right.

Lets see on NFP.

I change de pips to 20 and on cad to 25 (only to prevent unexpected movements; After NFP i go change eur to 18). The multiplier changed to 1.8.

Best Regards.

tomstaufer:
Hi David,

1 month of testing today:

EURUSD, M30, mini 200 leverage, AccountIsNormal=1, rest default.

http://www.forexea.com/rb26_mini/statement.htm

Hi Tom,

Would you mind posting your set?

Thanks,

N

Statement

I like this.

Thanks David.

Trading IBFX $5000 demo.

Aggressive mode.

Default -EURUSD

TP 20 TS 0 -USDCAD

Pairs EUR/USD,USD/CAD

This weeks results.

All default settings and left it running today.

eur/usd 1 hr

Rick

Files:
5_4.htm  21 kb

retro:
Trading IBFX $5000 demo.

Aggressive mode.

Default -EURUSD

TP 20 TS 0 -USDCAD

Pairs EUR/USD,USD/CAD

This test is definately trading on the edge of a margin call. I see 2 standard lots opened on usdcad on a $5-7,000 account. You try to sleep at night if you had such a trade on. If you are human you will find it very hard.

I think you should run your test with a higher starting balance. Low margin trading never caused anyone to blow their accounts and that should be our ultimate aim on these forums: capital preservation!

Happy

testern:
This test is definately trading on the edge of a margin call. I see 2 standard lots opened on usdcad on a $5-7,000 account. You try to sleep at night if you had such a trade on. If you are human you will find it very hard. I think you should run your test with a higher starting balance. Low margin trading never caused anyone to blow their accounts and that should be our ultimate aim on these forums: capital preservation!

I'm happy with it the way it is thanks.

Some of us trade more aggresively than others.

If this was real money I'd probably take my profits on Monday and start over at $5000.

statement this week

Steadily increasing.

In the neuimex demo account the mini lots change to 2 decimals values. Didn't know that.

Regards,

nohills