RB26DETT-Skyline GTR - page 40

davidke20:
If you're on IBFX, I put it as default GMT0000 start trading, and keep trading until GMT1200, because IBFX follow GMT0000. After GMT1200, it will keep idle until GMT2359 and restart trading at the next rolled over. So, if you would like to use the time filter, you can just simply follow your broker standard time, not other time. No confusion in between.

Regards

David

Oh David, thank you for this insight... very helpful to me.

Mark

Did I wrong you in a past life or something? Don't you think if I were doing something terribly wrong David wouldn't waste a second to straighten me out? Wouldn't it be best to leave the policing to him since after all it's his vision, he's the person we are all doing the testing for and is the one that knows what dichotomys of personalities and test patterns will best suit the purposes of his EA ultimately rewarding us for helping?

If you don't mind, I would really like to get back to the reason I spend some of my very valuable personal time here which is to focus on our team mission and not clutter this thread with items of such childish nature anymore. Please, lets just move on. I do not intend to respond to any further comments by you regarding this sub-thread.

Regards,

N2

I'm not on my desk for a few days and a few days in the near future as well, and feeling very boring...badly!!! So I started to browse around forums. Something just knocked me in the head. RB26 is built based on 4 sets of oscillators to selfconfirm the market volatility to trigger a trade, therefor we cant expect too much action and getting fast income enough. With the standard default setup to trade with EURUSD, I'm pretty sure it will continue build your account to about 100% and above per annum. During reading at ForexFactory, I come accross a old thread called Sidus Method. All the old MA cross method flash back in my trading experiences, it make me thought:

If we change the indicator signal to smaller, from Slow=13 Fast=5 to Slow=8 & Fast=5, in this case we can trigger more trade. Ofcourse, I dont think the current settings of TP/TS/PipStep is suitable, might need furthur backtest. I'm seeing settings as below. Please proceed with backtest and if you find its good, help us to forward test it.

M15

TP=25

TS=5

Pips=18

SL=72

OrderstoProtect=3

MaxTrade=6

Fast_Period=5

Slow_Period=8

Its only a concept from Moving Averages, dont know whether it works. Hope you guys can find something interesting here.

Regards

David

davidke20:
I'm not on my desk for a few days and a few days in the near future as well, and feeling very boring...badly!!! So I started to browse around forums. Something just knocked me in the head. RB26 is built based on 4 sets of oscillators to selfconfirm the market volatility to trigger a trade, therefor we cant expect too much action and getting fast income enough. With the standard default setup to trade with EURUSD, I'm pretty sure it will continue build your account to about 100% and above per annum. During reading at ForexFactory, I come accross a old thread called Sidus Method. All the old MA cross method flash back in my trading experiences, it make me thought:

If we change the indicator signal to smaller, from Slow=13 Fast=5 to Slow=8 & Fast=5, in this case we can trigger more trade. Ofcourse, I dont think the current settings of TP/TS/PipStep is suitable, might need furthur backtest. I'm seeing settings as below. Please proceed with backtest and if you find its good, help us to forward test it.

M15

TP=25

TS=5

Pips=18

SL=72

OrderstoProtect=3

MaxTrade=6

Fast_Period=5

Slow_Period=8

Its only a concept from Moving Averages, dont know whether it works. Hope you guys can find something interesting here.

Regards

David

-------------------------------

Hi David,

Changes done.

Best Regards.

davidke20:

M15

TP=25

TS=5

Pips=18

SL=72

OrderstoProtect=3

MaxTrade=6

Fast_Period=5

Slow_Period=8

Hi David,

I've already been running Fast 5 and Slow 8 live but with different settings on OrdersToProtect, InitialStop, TP and SL.

Also David do you happen to have a link that explains the Multiplier & AccountProtection functions? Thanks..

Mark

here is one month of forward testing.

mm turned off

aggressive mode = true

everything else default

Files:
5-14-2007.htm  32 kb

another setup

davidke20:

M15

TP=25

TS=5

Pips=18

SL=72

OrderstoProtect=3

MaxTrade=6

Fast_Period=5

Slow_Period=8

Regards

David

Hi David,

I'll add this one too. But to compare I'll use the same Broker, but another account and terminal.

Regards,

nohills

lot sizes

Hi David,

I'm not sure what is causing this but I have my lot size set at micro and risk set to 1 yet tonight when RB26 opened trades, the first was opened at .07 lots and the second at .11 lots. Why would the 1st position be opened at anything larger than .01 lots?

Any ideas?

Mark

stopped out

Now it happened. I got stopped out on my live account . My demo account did well. Demo trading differs from live trading. On the demo account there was a movement that RB26 could close the trades on live account it wasn t.

attached the live and demo statements.

Alex

Yep. Mi accont to.... margincall.