Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 38

yeoeleven:
With the yeoeleven settings your problem came when GBPUSD closed off at MaxTrades8 yet the other test did not come near to that progression.

Why one test has such a difference in progression I can only suggest that the timing of the start off may have differed enough to set the EA off on a different direction.

In my settings the EA should not close off at MaxTrades8 it seems that you may have set the AccountsProtect1 and OrderstoProtect2 thus overriding the MaxTrades10. Always assuming that you used the MaxTrades10 setting.

I would look back over that progression and see if it would have closed off profitably had it been allowed to progress to maxtrades10.

John

No. maxtrades10 with 0.1L start = MC

And next, today MaxTrades8 - OK, how many tomorrow or next week, month. Maybe 5, maybe 15 and call you friend MC.

my settings :

extern double TakeProfit = 20; // Profit Goal for the latest order opened

extern double Lots = 0.1; // First order will be for this lot size

extern double InitialStop = 45; // StopLoss

extern double TrailingStop = 10; // Pips to trail the StopLoss

extern int MaxTrades=7; // Maximum number of orders to open

extern int Pips=15; // Distance in Pips from one order to another

extern int SecureProfit=10; // If profit made is bigger than SecureProfit we close the orders

extern int AccountProtection=0; // If one the account protection will be enabled, 0 is disabled

extern int OrderstoProtect=0; // This number subtracted from MaxTrades is the number of open orders to enable the account protection.

// Example: (MaxTrades=10) minus (OrderstoProtect=3)=7 orders need to be open before account protection is enabled.

extern int ReverseCondition=0; // If one the decision to go long/short will be reversed

extern int StartYear=2005; // Year to start (only for backtest)

extern int StartMonth=1; // Month to start (only for backtest)

extern int EndYear=2050; // Year to stop trading (backtest and live)

extern int EndMonth=12; // Month to stop trading (backtest and live)

// extern int EndHour=22; // Not used for now

// extern int EndMinute=30; // Not used for now

extern int mm=0; // if 1, the lots size will increase based on account size

extern int risk=12; // risk to calculate the lots size (only if mm is enabled)

extern int AccountisNormal=0; // Zero if account is not mini/micro

extern int Magic = 123987; // Magic number for the orders placed

Found something interesting in the code of Goblin (and 10Point3/Terminator). I could kick myself in the ass quite frankly for not having discovered this sooner but I've been so focused on the trend logic until now.

Here's the home-wrecker:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

if (OpenOrders<1)

{

myOrderType=OpenOrdersBasedOnTrendRSX();

if (ReverseCondition==1)

{

if (myOrderType==1) { myOrderType=2; }

else { if (myOrderType==2) { myOrderType=1; } }

}

}

What this says, is "If there are no open orders at the moment and we're ready to start a new cycle of opening trades up to the MaxTrades limit, go check the trend and report back with what the new ordertype should be based on what JRSX and JVEL have to say; either a value of 1 for sell, or 2 for buy (or 3 for do nothing right now). Herein lies the flaw...in spite of how great the indicators might be tracking

the trend, the EA isn't using this info until the sequence up to Maxtrades exhausts itself. The EA should be continuously tuned into the indicators so it can bail out on an order sequence gone bad if necessary. You might be in buy mode while the trend is dropping like a hot potato, but until you max out the trade sequence count up to Maxtrades, the EA will just keep issuing buy orders and racking up the losses.

Definitely a point of failure that will be fixed.

bluto:
Found something interesting in the code of Goblin (and 10Point3/Terminator). I could kick myself in the ass quite frankly for not having discovered this sooner but I've been so focused on the trend logic until now.

Here's the home-wrecker:

if (OpenOrders<1)

{

if (ReverseCondition==1)

{

}

}

What this says, is "If there are no open orders at the moment and we're ready to start a new cycle of opening trades up to the MaxTrades limit, go check the trend and report back with what the new ordertype should be based on what JRSX and JVEL have to say; either a value of 1 for sell, or 2 for buy (or 3 for do nothing right now). Herein lies the flaw...in spite of how great the indicators might be tracking

the trend, the EA isn't using this info until the sequence up to Maxtrades exhausts itself. The EA should be continuously tuned into the indicators so it can bail out on an order sequence gone bad if necessary. You might be in buy mode while the trend is dropping like a hot potato, but until you max out the trade sequence count up to Maxtrades, the EA will just keep issuing buy orders and racking up the losses.

Would this be why my trades/EA has been continuing to open/close trades all day at Home because I've been running it for a few days now at Home BUT at Work I started up a new Demo account this morning and it didn't do/start any trading all day even though I have all the settings the same and Goblin is happy ??

I'll re-test on Monday if the new Goblin is ready.

matrixebiz:
Would this be why my trades/EA has been continuing to open/close trades all day at Home because I've been running it for a few days now at Home BUT at Work I started up a new Demo account this morning and it didn't do/start any trading all day even though I have all the settings the same and Goblin is happy ?? I'll re-test on Monday if the new Goblin is ready.

I'm not sure what the differences are between your two computers. There's definitely been enough action to see trades being opened and closed today.

Does the MT4 platform support micro trading (0.01)?

At home I've been running the MT4 platform (mini 0.1) and StrategyBuilderFX (micro 0.01)

At work I started an MT4 Demo with the (micro 0.01) settings.

So, maybe that was why at work it wasn't working? If MT4 does support micro then I don't know what's going on.

bluto:

Here's the home-wrecker:

if (OpenOrders<1)

{

if (ReverseCondition==1)

{

}

}

bluto,

I thought I was just starting to understand a little how this EA functionsl, but, I totally missed this one. Your explanation explains very well what we have seen in last few days.

Very, Very, Very good eyeballs to you.

Wackena

Failed Goblin

Old version of goblin wid daily frame was workin better but i had all long position placed by this EA and never gone for short infact EA is configured to go for both long n short postion and i have take both as default, another thin i have tried newer version of goblin with 4h time frame my god disaster demo account fallen 4000 in one day .. please any comments on this wut wrong wid it

Bluto can u help .. !

funny

bluto:

Here's the home-wrecker:

if (OpenOrders<1)

{

if (ReverseCondition==1)

{

}

}

Lol that's funny cause even if i am not good at programming, i had saw this kind of behaviour in the 3 EA's.

They look as the Cost Average of Maji so when they take a direction (long or short) they continue the sequence in only one direction till something happen (maxi loss or maxi trade or anything else but not a change of trend).

Trading unit size

matrixebiz:
Does the MT4 platform support micro trading (0.01)?

At home I've been running the MT4 platform (mini 0.1) and StrategyBuilderFX (micro 0.01)

At work I started an MT4 Demo with the (micro 0.01) settings.

So, maybe that was why at work it wasn't working? If MT4 does support micro then I don't know what's going on.

It depends on the broker from whom you downloaded the Metatrader platform.

FXDD does not allow .01 units but IBFX,NEXTT4,Velocity & SBFX do.

Open a trading position and use the drop down list for the unit size and if it shows .01 units then that broker will allow it.

Also there is the AccountisNormal setting which should not be set at 0.

Some brokers need the pair setting code to end in m (usdchfm).

Just a couple of things to check when you get back to work

John

yeoeleven:
It depends on the broker from whom you downloaded the Metatrader platform.

FXDD does not allow .01 units but IBFX,NEXTT4,Velocity & SBFX do.

Open a trading position and use the drop down list for the unit size and if it shows .01 units then that broker will allow it.

Also there is the AccountisNormal setting which should not be set at 0.

Some brokers need the pair setting code to end in m (usdchfm).

Just a couple of things to check when you get back to work

John

Yes, thanks, that was it. The MT4 platform I am using at work is the one downloaded right from metaquotes.net, it does not support 0.01