Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 72

crazyfx:
why not combining the entry level with a condition to minimize the risk being on the wrong side such as this:

sell only if rsi >= 95

buy only if rsi <=5,

in addition to the jrsx/jvel indicators conditions.

or using another good momentum indicator rather than rsi one.

That's not the problem with 10Point3 based EA's. I think we've got it nailed down with regards to the indicators and their ability to detect the correct trend. The issue is the way the EA doesn't monitor for trend changes once the cycle has started....that's what gets you into hot water.

Forwardtest.

Goblin run on 1D very good.

Demo Neuimex.

Timeframe 1D

Maxtrades = 3.

MM = on

risk 12.

the rest is default.

You can see, at 75th Trade i switch to enable the MM and change the maxtrades to 3.

Last Goblin version.

Broker FXDD - eurusd, gbpusd, usdjpy, usdchf

Deposit $10,000

Timeframe H1

Balance $11,509

Equity $11,500

Wins 262 - Loses 138

Open Orders 5 (Float p/l $-8)

ROI 15.0 %

Started test on 2006.12.04.

Making a comeback and back in the Black. Up ~$4,000 so far this week. I'm adjusting equity protection feature to protect increasing equity against extreme loses when a volatile market occurs again. I hope by doing this, I can take the loses and still have equity growth from week to week. Time will tell.

Wackena

Is the last Goblin the GoblinFibo1.2 ?

Gryf:
Is the last Goblin the GoblinFibo1.2 ?

No, it is the last Goblin only version.

Wackena

Good results

There have been some good results posted lately.

I am continuing with GoblinFibo1.2 with the settings as Page 71 post #701 and the results are still good.

Week to date detailed statement is below.

John

Files:
goblin13.htm  117 kb
goblin13.gif  5 kb

Gryf:
Goblin run on 1D very good.

Demo Neuimex.

Timeframe 1D

Maxtrades = 3.

MM = on

risk 12.

the rest is default.

You can see, at 75th Trade i switch to enable the MM and change the maxtrades to 3.

Can you post the Goblin EA you are using, cause there are quitle a few versions. I 'd like to use it and your setting for forward testing.

Thanks

Goblin Options

Still using the settings from page 70 post #700 I am continuing to test Goblin Options. When looking at these results the start off unit was .1 and to compare with my other results you would have to divide by 10.

John

Files:

For fun, I thought that I would do a little, basic analysis on Wackena's trades. There are some interesting numbers here: (sorry about the formatting)

Loss Gain %Tot Loss % Tot Gain

EURUSD -1818 2884 14.84% 21.01%

GBPUSD -4898 5045 39.98% 36.76%

USDCHF -2288 3174 18.68% 23.13%

USDJPY -3245 2621 26.49% 19.10%

Total -12250 13724

Net EUR&CHF 1951.74

Net GBP&JPY -477.17

Original Net 1474.57

If GBP and JPY were eliminated, the net gain would have been $477 more than the original net gain. GBP also contributed to 40% of the total loss and 37% of the total gain - which is a good representation of GBP's volatility.

Interesting figures. I'd love to see what this looks like long term. I'm also curious (I haven't looked at this yet), how the trades did with the NFP. I'm also down on trading the USDJPY with experts now as it is. I am looking at EURJPY with this expert, though.

stockwet

Wackena:
Last Goblin version.

Broker FXDD - eurusd, gbpusd, usdjpy, usdchf

Deposit $10,000

Timeframe H1

Balance $11,509

Equity $11,500

Wins 262 - Loses 138

Open Orders 5 (Float p/l $-8)

ROI 15.0 %

Started test on 2006.12.04.

Making a comeback and back in the Black. Up ~$4,000 so far this week. I'm adjusting equity protection feature to protect increasing equity against extreme loses when a volatile market occurs again. I hope by doing this, I can take the loses and still have equity growth from week to week. Time will tell.

Wackena

tf

cockeyedcowboy:
I dont think its the pair as such, but the current market condition of the pair. That is, this type system is best traded on a currency pair that is in a ranging condition. It is, as well the saftest condition to trade with this type of system. When your in a trending market you better be on the right side of it or you have some large losses. The worse market condition to be in would be a very tight range where your position would just linger on till the price brakes out, hopefully in your direction!

What really gets me is that most people want they EAs to function in all market conditions but make no previstions to have the EA adapt to those conditions. What I mean is they want to make it robust as they say that its profitable or at least holds its own in the worst of conditions. But to do that you have to water it down the best of times to acheive that safty level. At the end you have an EA that is half ass in most conditions. I have always writen my EAs in view of the market conditions it is most adapted too. If the EA then examins the pair current conditions and to trade or not, based on that. Granted, your not trading as much but your chance of profit is that much better. Trading is hard to begin with, why do we have to continually be beating ourself on the side of the head with a brick, take the easer route.

The CockeyedCowboy

Based on this premise, would it be possible to write an EA that would select an EA based on market conditions, where you have several EA's ready just waiting to be selected. Just a wild idea????