Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 32

I use 1:200 and pairs with low spread like EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY and EURCHF.

yeoeleven:
Thanks Scott for posting your detailed statement but I find it very hard to follow with so many pairs not seperated and such a large time period.

My recommendation is to close off progressively prior to the weekend as pairs become profitable and start off afresh with the opening of Metatrader on Monday AM Asian time. Then adjust the custom period to only show the current week of action in the history report.

If you only have one EA working the charts and start off from .01 it will be easier to assess and if you click on the Symbol at the top of the pairs column to sort the results into pairs that will help to see the progression, better still only activate EURUSD since your account is relatively small.

Create a demo account and try my settings with all the major pairs whilst you get a feel for this EA. All I can say is that I have had no problems with Goblin but I am not worried about losing money from a live account. Just trade EURUSD live whilst you gain more demo knowledge of how the EA works.

I have been testing 10points 3 since August and Dynamic Stop since tururo created it and I am still learning and yet have to go live. To answer your original question since you have used MaxTrades5 and OrderstoProtect3 you have effectively strangled the EA and in my opinion you should look to give the EA some space to move so either do that in a demo account or reduce the pairs and increase the MaxTrades on your live account.

John

Thanks for your suggestions. You are right, I should do more demo with your setting.

Continue opening=1 Order Type=3

hi yeoeleven,

notice this line in comments on our top-left of chart

can you tell us anything you know about 'Order Type'

it's value ranges 1-3

thanks for all your help in enlightening this thread.

regards.

Tross:
Bluto,

I added choice on Fibonacci or Martingale progression.

I changed it to true Martingale. I mean, how arbitrary was it to start increasing the lot size by 1.5 after 12 lots?

If someone wanted to limit the risk, write a curve, so the second lot was doubled, the third lot was 1.9, the fourth lot was 1.8 .. hmm that sounds neat too.

Anyways. wanted to hand this over to you in case you could use the bit of code to offer choice of Fibo or Martingale in your upcoming revision.

I plan to incorporate your Fib option as a trade mode switch in the settings. For the time being, please continue to name your EA version accordingly so nobody gets confused. Thanks!

* Updated Goblin *

A few enhancements added:

1. Turbo_JVEL timeframe no longer hardcoded to H1 and now automatically adjusts to whatever the chart setting is. This allows trend direction detection to coincide with Turbo_JRSX and be more responsive to quick trend shifts. Be careful using timeframes less than M30....the indicators begin to suffer from noise and the trend signals are affected. I'm sticking with H1.

...couple of quick but handy tweaks requested via PM's

2. Added a new optional "EquityProtectionLevel" setting. You can specify the minimum amount of equity you want to preserve in the event the market gets really turbulent and trades turn against you. Once this level is reached, the EA will close all orders matching the current Symbol and Magic Number and halt trading for the chart until you reset. If your using EA's other than Goblin on other charts in the same terminal session, they'll continue to trade.

3. Added a new optional "MaxLossPerOrder" setting. You can specify the maximum loss allowed per order. Once this is reached, the EA will close the order.

I eventually want to build a risk management subroutine but this might help to keep some of us out of trouble in the meantime.

Files:
goblin.mq4  15 kb

Hi Bluto,

For the new settings #2 and #3, I assume the values that can entered are in PIPS..right?not in percentage..?

Mike

bluto:
* Updated Goblin *

A few enhancements added:

1. Turbo_JVEL timeframe no longer hardcoded to H1 and now automatically adjusts to whatever the chart setting is. This allows trend direction detection to coincide with Turbo_JRSX and be more responsive to quick trend shifts. Be careful using timeframes less than M30....the indicators begin to suffer from noise and the trend signals are affected. I'm sticking with H1.

...couple of quick but handy tweaks requested via PM's

2. Added a new optional "EquityProtectionLevel" setting. You can specify the minimum amount of equity you want to preserve in the event the market gets really turbulent and trades turn against you. Once this level is reached, the EA will close all orders matching the current Symbol and Magic Number and halt trading for the chart until you reset. If your using EA's other than Goblin on other charts in the same terminal session, they'll continue to trade.

3. Added a new optional "MaxLossPerOrder" setting. You can specify the maximum loss allowed per order. Once this is reached, the EA will close the order.

I eventually want to build a risk management subroutine but this might help to keep some of us out of trouble in the meantime.

Nice work Bluto. I hope that those two indicators will do a good job together.

Goblin on M15 chart last night at about 01:00 EST took another big hit. Balance is now down to ~$1600. On the 4 major pairs, all pairs have big loses, except eurusd. This pair came through the Dollar spanking (bluto's terminology) with no loses. Sorted pairs report attached.

I will stop this Demo at end of today Friday. I will start bluto's new Goblin Demo on Sunday on H1 chart.

The Goblin Demo on H1 chart has performed very well. 26 wins and 1 loss. Hi chart and John's settings handled the last turbulent 36 hours OK. Sorted pairs report attached.

Both of these are FXDD Demos.

Wackena

Files:

Continue Oening & Order Type

azman818:
hi yeoeleven,

notice this line in comments on our top-left of chart

can you tell us anything you know about 'Order Type'

it's value ranges 1-3

thanks for all your help in enlightening this thread.

regards.

You will have Continue Opening 1 as long as you are still progressing through the MaxTrades but when you hit the last one you will see Continue Opening 0.

Order Type relates to Buy or Sell. This taken from the EA's code

if (mode==OP_BUY) { myOrderType=2; }

if (mode==OP_SELL) { myOrderType=1; }

Can't find any record about Order Type 3.

Hope that answers your question,

John

Attached is current usdjpy H1 chart. Has 5 open sells and may be in jeopardy. First time I've seen potential loses on H1 charts.

Wackena

Files: