Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 39

Goblin tests part 2

Despite the flows in the code my both tests are showing very good results (from page 29, post#285). Reports as of 12.01.2006 after market close.

Both tests: H1, IBFX, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY

Starting balance; $5000

yeoeleven: Balance: 5 956.37 Equity: 5 953.64

default: Balance: 5 516.16 Equity: 5 521.01

FXDD does not allow .01 units

FXDD does allow micros, you need to ask them and they will do it.

tomstaufer:
Despite the flows in the code my both tests are showing very good results (from page 29, post#285). Reports as of 12.01.2006 after market close.

Starting balance; $5000

Hmmmm...I don't know whether to change the EA code any further or just leave it alone now.

bluto:
Hmmmm...I don't know whether to change the EA code any further or just leave it alone now.

Bluto,

Maybe you can post 2 or 3 different versions so we could compare by runing them simultaneously...

Bluto,

Can I also suggest that the last version you posted be called revision 1.2 ?

It is substantially different in how it acts from 1.1

I'm currently working on GoblinFibo1.2, expect it tonight.

I'm also testing 1.2 on different pairs, as I'm hoping it might fit certain pairs better than 1.1 !!

Tross

bluto:

Hi Bluto,

The yeoeleven settings i am running did not perform well through the storm today. I am not sure why some others with identical settings have complete opposite results. Not only did it chase the fast bars in the wrong direction after the news, it set itself up in a vulnerable position against the upcoming move with multiple open trades/increased lot sizes.

What possible negative effect would your modification to code idea have?

Thanks for your hard work!

Mike

Latest Goblin revised to include Fibonacci option.

Set it to True to enable Fibonacci lot progression instead of Martingale.

I'm also including the default settings that I am having some positive backtest results with.

Files:

Claryfication

tomstaufer:

Starting balance; $5000

I just checked my MT4 terminals and looks like both tests are running on a different versions of Goblin. I am not quite sure but at least file size is different. Maybe this help to explain non consistent results other testers get with the same settings. Please take a look at zip files. Bluto could you establish some system to number the versions and revisions ?

Files:
goblin_3.zip  18 kb

mikl_73112:
Hi Bluto,

The yeoeleven settings i am running did not perform well through the storm today. I am not sure why some others with identical settings have complete opposite results. Not only did it chase the fast bars in the wrong direction after the news, it set itself up in a vulnerable position against the upcoming move with multiple open trades/increased lot sizes.

What possible negative effect would your modification to code idea have?

Thanks for your hard work!

Mike

There's one thing we've all discounted in our testing that can have a dramatic impact on results, even when two people are using identical settings and even same brokers....timing of entry. When the EA was fired up will have a huge impact on all successive trades. Once the EA starts, the indicators will signal the next trend wave to jump on and these entry points will of course vary from tester to tester. Thereafter, it's all up to how long the MaxTrades cycle persists until it's exhausted. Everyone is going to have different buy/sell entry points on their charts, and as I showed in the earlier code snippet, they're not necessarily going to be good ones the way the 10Point3 logic is currently written. I think this is why some guys have had good results and some have had bad, even with identical settings. One of the keys though has been to use small lot sizes under that scenario.

Having said all of that, I'm modifying the EA extensively to continuously track the trend and bail out of a bad cycle as the situation dictates, not when MaxTrades has been reached. Should be a very helpful mod.

tomstaufer:
I just checked my MT4 terminals and looks like both tests are running on a different versions of Goblin. I am not quite sure but at least file size is different. Maybe this help to explain non consistent results other testers get with the same settings. Please take a look at zip files. Bluto could you establish some system to number the versions and revisions ?

Definitely.