Traders joking, the beginning - page 650

Britain's National Environmental Research Council announced a boat-naming contest a little over a month ago in an effort to build public interest in Arctic research — while there is still some Arctic left to research.

Files:
1_14.jpg  24 kb

tim079:

I love huskies so much, they have the most expressive faces.

The New York primary results were a good old-fashioned Empire State boot stomping by Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. New Yorkers haven't seen a thrashing this bad since any Knicks game.

Files:
1_15.jpg  26 kb

Donald Trump said something un-Trumpy this morning. He was on “The Today Show” and Matt Lauer asked him about the transgender law, and whether Caitlyn Jenner would be welcome to use the bathroom at Trump Tower, and Trump said she should be able to use whatever bathroom she wants.

Queen Elizabeth is having her portrait done by Annie Leibowitz. She's releasing a new stamp in her honor in May. There is a public celebration of her birthday. In June there is a service at St. Paul's plus a big parade — and she gets to wear her birthday tiara all year long.

In San Diego near the border of Mexico, the federal agents found a tunnel that is 800 yards long. Which, imagine running a touch down the full length of the field eight times. Thank God for football or I wouldn't have any sense of distance.

It's the longest cross border tunnel ever discovered. Authorities seized two tons of cocaine and seven tons of marijuana. That means weekend two of Coachella is going to suck.

Files:
1_16.jpg  54 kb

Now I don't know if you guys are Anglophiles or anything, but if you are, if you are into England, it's Queen Elizabeth's birthday today. She is turning 90 years old. She is the first queen to ever reach that age. There would have been others but they were beheaded.