MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 610

Hi guys,  I`m writing to ask about the usage of the POINT variable in MQL4. What does it change when included and in this way how many points equal 1 pip or tick ?   Thanks :) 
hello, i am having an issues with printing or commenting from my own functions, i have probably just done something extremely stupid but i can figure out whats wrong. test();void test(){   Print("test");   Comment("test");  the "test();" is being run in the init function, on other EAs it will...
Hello, I am new in MetaTrader and mql4 language, I wonder to know, slippage parameter is applicable parameter for market orders (OP_SELL or OP_BUY) ? I am asking this because in my broker demo account, I set slippage as 10 (Since it is using 5 digits) and it opens the order not in the range of...
[Deleted]
I am trying to get the value (price for last bar) of a horizontal line (added manually to a graph) by the function ObjectGetValueByShift( after renaming it from object properties as "MyLine)"  ,  but the value returned is always zero. The same function works correctly with a trendline added manually...
I am using a custom indicator (supplied by third party) and the indicator sets dynamic levels for the 'indicator levels'.  Instead of - say - levels of 20, 0 & 80 the upper & lower levels would be continually changing I'd like to access these levels from an EA so that I could establish whether the...
  DLL's
I've created a C++ file and used all the right syntax required for mql4 to speak to my DLL such as #define MT4_EXPFUNC __declspec(dllexport), APIENTRY and _stdcall myfunc() etc  Now im just wondering how to actually turn this into a .DLL. I've tried using visual studios implementation of a DLL...
Hi,  i've read this and want to change the compiling with NPP from mql64.exe to metaeditor.exe because the newest available mql64.exe is of build 1162 (02 Jul 2015).  metaeditor.exe /compile:<path to source> [/inc:<path to MQL folder>] [/log] is doing fine, but i get no output to console-window now...
I can only imagine that this forum is getting a reputation for being mostly un-moderated. The amount of topics started by spammers is now exceeding legitimate threads. I don't know what is involved, but I am prepared to offer myself as a moderator with limited powers, if only to remove these topics
Hello, How can be removed the week-end tick data from hist file? All the indicators are really go wrong because of this. Thank you
  Market Watch VS Chart  (13   1 2)
Hi. Seems to be strange but in several platforms with several brokers I noted the priceon charts (bid line) are not equal to the price in Market Watch window (bid price). IE1 USDCHF Chart 1.2215 Market Watch 1.2214 IE2 GBPUSD Chart 1.9302 Market Watch 1.9301 I´m using last version...
Hello Everyone in the house, Please I need help concerning this issue: these errors were generated during the course of testing my EA in strategy tester: 1) The symbol is inappropriate 2) not enough money 3) not enough history 4) 4- and -5 digits symbols 5) various tick generation modes My question...
[Deleted]
How can I prevent my ea from closing a trade when I switch from one time chart to another? For example, suppose I have a trade opened on the 1 hour chart. The ea closes when one moving average crosses over another moving average. Assume in the 1 hour chart the crossover has not occured
Hi   I have tried everything, but I am still unable to get this to work.  I would like to add the following code that I found elsewhere on this forum extern double LotPerThousand=0.1;  // If you had 1000 balance what lot size would you useint start(){double...
Having problems with customer set inputs. i read: https://docs.mql4.com/basis/variables/inputvariables but i cannot get it to work. this is what i want to do: simply create long/short as part of drop down box during input... #property...
[Deleted]
any one knows how to fix this issue? I am using Windows 10
[Deleted]
Hello, First of all: please excuse my English skills, it's not my native language. I'm new here and since I started learning MQL this question might be dumb but I really don't know what else to do to solve  this problem. I try to make a For Loop which counts from 0 to 3999. The problem is that it...
[Deleted]
In the process of learning MQL4 I found out that at least my tester does not give information from other TFs. Here is the check code, it can be attached to any Expert Advisor. In my tester only the indications of the TF are changing, others stay at the same place. Comment ( "\n", "
Hi there, I don´t get any historical data, no matter what I do or configure in the options dialogue (bars in tester/chart). I. e. the tester gives me data for one week in M5, no matter what I choose. The historical database loads for maximum 1 month in M5, but the tester still does´t want to test...
Hi, I am trying to download historical tick data in MT4, as when I install it, it only shows the last 3 days of candles. When I go to the history center and try to download the data, I get the following error.     Any way to get around this? Thx 
[Deleted]
I have recently downloaded some Tickstory and FXDD files containing historical currency prices. I left them all in my "downloads" folder and extracted one of the FXDD files into .hst format. I opened MT4, highlighted the correct pair and time frame, clicked import, then browse. Whilst searching...
Mt4 is not importing the CSV file which contains bid rates from 1950 eurusd m1 data..plz help.it doesn't show any error also
[Deleted]
  Array Help  (3)
I have tried the search function but I dont know how to word it.     I want to load the previous 5 bars into an array for calculations later on in the program. I have the below so far but it does not work. So the data should be collected at the start of the new bar. These arrays have sent my head...
[Deleted]
  what's wrong with iCustom ?  (25   1 2 3)
Hello, I'm trying to code a very simple indicator using iCustom and Laguerre.mq4 when Laguerre cross the 0.75 level head down it gives a sell signal and when it cross the 0.15 level head up it gives a buy signal, it works but, of course it's not very useful like that and i have to add something else...
Hi all. I have a little doubt. I was user from MBTrading that now is part of TradeKing...  I have a script that show me with this line code  DoubleToStr(MarketInfo(EURUSD, MODE_BID),5) always 5 pips more that showed in mt4 chart...The spread sometimes is 1,0 or 1,5 pips but this 5 pips more I am...
How do I keep my code hidden if I want to share it but don't want the source to be seen?
hello dear  Can you help me to put a account number as password in a EA with a expiry date . please help with step by step thanks 
New article Error Handling and Logging in MQL5 has been published on mql5.com: This article focuses on general issues linked to handling software errors. Furthermore, the logging term is brought up and the examples of logging implementation with MQL5 tools are shown. During the operation of most...
[Deleted]
  Capturing a lagging indicator  (22   1 2 3)
Hi,   I'm new to mql4 coding and I understand the basics (very basic).     How do you capture a lagging indicator with iCustom?   i have been playing with the code inside the indicator tester and it seems to work fine. However when on live it never trades.   For example fractals will not always be...
I have the following indicator code. It shows an arrow on the screen when a certain condition exists. I want to have it send an email when the condition exists AFTER I attach it to the chart.  The problem is that it currently tries to send emails for each occurrence when I attach it. Can anyone...